Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

The swing isn't perfect yet, but she hit it well :)

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by 3Bsnag » Fri May 09, 2008 11:38 am

Nice pics Jofus!

That's the only thing I miss about the East Coast, beautiful scenery. Grew up in MD/VA, with a short stint in your home state. The best I can get here is the tall pines in East TX.

How tall is your DD? She looks very long for 13.
3Bsnag

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks 3B :)

She's almost 5'7". She seems to be about finished growing taller, she's starting to fill out a little, she's up to about 125 lbs. She's always been naturally strong for a girl her age, though.

I told one of my coworkers a while back that it's kinda embarrassing when your 13 year old daughter has a better arm than you do (although, I did mess my shoulder up in slowpitch a few years ago, but she would probably be close even if I hadn't :D )
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Hitmechanic » Fri May 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey Jo,
That's is pretty brave of her to wear the mask. I know a lot of players that won't due to being ridiculed.

My DD is indifferent about others wearing a mask, but she said "CDIH" if I'm wearing one". Then again, she's the same DAD that refuses sliding pads 'cause she wants to show off her "battle scars".
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 1:08 pm

I didn't really give her the option. I told her that if she wants to pitch in travel ball, she has to wear it. The other pitcher on her team and the 3rd baseman wear them too, which helps. I've seen a few teams with the entire infield wearing them.

I don't make her wear it in her little league games, since there are maybe 3 or 4 players at most in our little league that hit the ball hard enough for it to be an issue.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by CallingCadence14 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:17 pm

The Mask should be permanant playing with out it even during rec is a bad idea,gives you false confidence.Keeping it on all the time on the Infield gives her an edge both mentally and physically.Corners and midfielders are not exempt to fast hit face bomb. Even if they are good they can become better ball players when they have no fear in there gear. :D
Great hit,keep up the work see you on the field at Cinci.Slugger Fest is coming around.Hit hard ,run fast ,be agressive...
CallingCadence14

by NumeroUno » Sat May 24, 2008 10:16 am

vinylsportsphotos if you want to advertise on this site send me a PM. The people who advertise on this site offer our members a discount and they get permission first.
Thanks
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery