Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

The swing isn't perfect yet, but she hit it well :)

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 8:20 am

There are still some bugs we're trying to work out on her swing, but it's an ongoing project :)

She's a '95 playing 12U (and some 14U).

I got lucky (for my picture taking skills) on these pics. I thought it had a shot of clearing the fence when she hit it, but it shorthopped the fence. It was a pretty line drive though.

And a bonus pic of her sporting her new facemask :)

Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by AZsbcoach » Fri May 09, 2008 8:38 am

jo, nice cut, work on her getting the front leg a bit straighter and lean back, push back with the front leg, snap the hips, watch the ball fly over the fence. keep up the hard work.
THE ONLY ONE TO LOSE IS THE ONE THAT DOES NOT PARTAKE
AZsbcoach

by NumeroUno » Fri May 09, 2008 8:48 am

What state is this, their is a lot of beautiful trees, Georgia?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 am

Well, she's never cheated herself on her swing. We're trying to work on her weight distribution, hips, etc., and her finish (she finishes too low at times).

#1, that is in Bristol VA, which is right on the border of VA and TN, last weekend.
jofus

by Hitmechanic » Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am

jofus wrote:#1, that is in Bristol VA, which is right on the border of VA and TN, last weekend.

;) Who said no softball east of the MM? Oh... that was me :lol: I been to Bristol several times...nice.

You didn't ask for a swing analysis, but: what AZ said on front leg lockout and maybe elbow stuck to the ribs more at contact (can't really tell from pics.. looks like post contact).

Nice Photos :!:
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah, it is post contact, you can see the ball in the first pic (one reason I was proud of myself for getting the pic), but you're right about her elbow, that's another thing I am trying to help her work on. She used to disconnect very badly (and still struggles with it), which led to bat drag, outside in swing, casting, etc. etc. etc. :)

It's a lot better than it was before she started in travel ball, when she was just playing little league, and before I started trying to educate myself a little.

I may have not specifically asked for analysis, but I'm always willing to listen to advice to try to help her get better. Feel free to give any tips or advice :)
jofus

by Hitmechanic » Fri May 09, 2008 10:15 am

jofus wrote:Yeah, it is post contact, you can see the ball in the first pic (one reason I was proud of myself for getting the pic), but you're right about her elbow, that's another thing I am trying to help her work on. She used to disconnect very badly (and still struggles with it), which led to bat drag, outside in swing, casting, etc. etc. etc. :)

It's a lot better than it was before she started in travel ball, when she was just playing little league, and before I started trying to educate myself a little.

I may have not specifically asked for analysis, but I'm always willing to listen to advice to try to help her get better. Feel free to give any tips or advice :)

Thanks. It appears you have the proper knowledge and she is heading in the right direction...I'll keep my mouth shut! But...I mix-match Nyman, Epster, Mankin and some local SME's ...depending on the "student" because there is no "HOLY GRAIL".
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by Tucson » Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 am

What's the bat? '07 RT? Amy
Tucson

by hotwheels » Fri May 09, 2008 10:55 am

NumeroUno wrote:What state is this, their is a lot of beautiful trees, Georgia?

Must be Riverside, Ca
Go 909
:lol:
hotwheels

by jofus » Fri May 09, 2008 11:29 am

Tucson wrote:What's the bat? '07 RT? Amy

No, Amy, that is actually an '05 (I think) Demarini limited edition (purple, very faded now) F2. She's tried a couple other bats, but she keeps going back to that one. We're planning on trying a Techzilla in the next week or 2.

It's a 33 -9 that she has been using for 2 years, since she was 11 :|

Hopefully the Techzilla will be the replacement she's been waiting on.
jofus

Next

Return to Photo/Video Gallery