Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Effect of a bat on a softball

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by dittoz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 am

Those "Professional" companies are usually shooting either a Canon 30/40/50D or a Full-Frame with Canon's to-die-for L lenses, or they're shooting an equally high-end Nikon.

I usually see them with a typical setup along the lines of a Canon 5D or 40D with a 300mm L f2.8 or a 70-200L IS USM f2,8 lens. Either way, you're looking at big bucks to get a shot like that. Prob in the range of $3-5K just in the camera and that lens.

I have real good luck with my Canon 40D, but I have to stick with the more common 28-135mm lens that came in the kit. Get some great shots, but it's nothing like the uber-expensive "L" glass that Canon is famous for.
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by KekambuS » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:35 pm

DANG EITHER SHE HIT THE CRAP OUT OF THE BALL OR THATS A SOFT DOT.
KekambuS

by katnmousesmom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 am

dittoz wrote:Those "Professional" companies are usually shooting either a Canon 30/40/50D or a Full-Frame with Canon's to-die-for L lenses, or they're shooting an equally high-end Nikon.

I usually see them with a typical setup along the lines of a Canon 5D or 40D with a 300mm L f2.8 or a 70-200L IS USM f2,8 lens. Either way, you're looking at big bucks to get a shot like that. Prob in the range of $3-5K just in the camera and that lens.

I have real good luck with my Canon 40D, but I have to stick with the more common 28-135mm lens that came in the kit. Get some great shots, but it's nothing like the uber-expensive "L" glass that Canon is famous for.

My camera is not the problem, it's the reflexes to catch the bat ON the ball. In all these years I never have. Caught it right after it came off the bat, is as close as I've gotten. This is a really good pic!

I have a Canon Rebel XT, which was where the majority of the cost was. Then I got on Ebay and found a really good deal on a Phoenix 100-300 fit for EOS cameras. It's not bad. I've never seen a Canon "L" glass lens on Ebay that was a bargain though. I'd love to have one!
katnmousesmom

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery