Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

OUT AT THE PLATE BABY!!!!!!

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by Sam » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:03 am

wadeintothem wrote:
Sam wrote:I said the F2 in the OP's picture was textbook OBS....and nobody gives a crap about your bumps and bruises.

My view of the rule is nuanced in favor of the intent of the rule and the players' safety. You guys could obviously give a crap about the safety of the players...so be it. You don't want to have to think in order to make a call...OK....I get it....you think and your head starts hurting.

I care enough about the rule to talk about it here...not enough to go to OKC...but maybe some umpire out there might see my point and bring it up at OKC. Thats how this stuff works.

I understand how you are going to call it and teach my kids accordingly.

Hot damn, I'll go for that. Good enough for me. I care enough about the rule to make sure you get it right. How far you can get it to be the way you wish it was and your invented "view of the rule" is up to you.

You might consider lobbying for the use of nice soft safety balls while your at it.. softballs are really dangerous and cause WAY more injuries than plays at the plate. And maybe no more throwing really hard either.

Anybody that knows the game knows that ball injuries are almost solely reserved to male umpires.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Sam wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:
Sam wrote:I said the F2 in the OP's picture was textbook OBS....and nobody gives a crap about your bumps and bruises.

My view of the rule is nuanced in favor of the intent of the rule and the players' safety. You guys could obviously give a crap about the safety of the players...so be it. You don't want to have to think in order to make a call...OK....I get it....you think and your head starts hurting.

I care enough about the rule to talk about it here...not enough to go to OKC...but maybe some umpire out there might see my point and bring it up at OKC. Thats how this stuff works.

I understand how you are going to call it and teach my kids accordingly.

Hot damn, I'll go for that. Good enough for me. I care enough about the rule to make sure you get it right. How far you can get it to be the way you wish it was and your invented "view of the rule" is up to you.

You might consider lobbying for the use of nice soft safety balls while your at it.. softballs are really dangerous and cause WAY more injuries than plays at the plate. And maybe no more throwing really hard either.

Anybody that knows the game knows that ball injuries are almost solely reserved to male umpires.

been ok this year maybe only one shot (knock on wood..) ... last year, my cup was a ball magnet. :shock:
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by anonlooker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:06 pm

wadeintothem wrote: been ok this year maybe only one shot (knock on wood..) ... last year, my cup was a ball magnet. :shock:

Wait. Does that mean you used magnetic balls? Or you... oh, nevermind! :P
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery