by number19 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:01 pm

That's awesome!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. ~ Tim Notke
number19

by hotwheels » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Great post Donnie!
hotwheels

by sportzjunky » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Love the shots of your DD's Donnie. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by NumeroUno » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:32 pm

3Bsnag wrote:Thanks for sharing those!

These would also make a great Ringor commercial. Cha-ching!

heybucket gets 10% :lol:

Those are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by wadeintothem » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Wow Donnie, awesome. You have much to be proud of.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by Itjustcomesnatural » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 am

DD @ 8yrs, I'll check back ya'll in 9yrs with more. lol
P1000304.JPG
@ 8yrs old
P1000304.JPG (82.76 KiB) Viewed 5740 times
Clutch play isn't about luck; it's about presence of mind!
Itjustcomesnatural

by dustyshoes » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:33 am

She's obviously not only very pretty but a heck of a player Donnie but did she really bat without a face mask when she was 12?

I guess you have two teenage daughters about 2 yrs apart in age, I'm about 8 years behind you with 9 & 11 yo DD's. It appears you've successfully engaged in the same strategy I'm planning on, keep em so busy with ball & homework that they don't have too much extra time for distractions such as boys, realizing of course that eliminating them entirely from thier lives is impossible.
dustyshoes

by DonnieS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 am

dustyshoes wrote:She's obviously not only very pretty but a heck of a player Donnie but did she really bat without a face mask when she was 12?

I guess you have two teenage daughters about 2 yrs apart in age, I'm about 8 years behind you with 9 & 11 yo DD's. It appears you've successfully engaged in the same strategy I'm planning on, keep em so busy with ball & homework that they don't have too much extra time for distractions such as boys, realizing of course that eliminating them entirely from thier lives is impossible.

At age 12 (2001 or so) , that was before face masks - as soon as we heard about them, we jumped on it and installed face masks. The girls are 15 and 18, a freshman and a senior, they have played on the same travel team for the last several years and looks like they will play high school ball together this year.

Regarding the pictures, try to get the same pose or from the same angle. I did it with the pitcher dd because I like the K shot from the open side. The older dd is a base stealing rascal and the shot would be the lead off from 2nd - and taking the picture from the 1st base side, I have several of the years in that shot.

Regarding boys, the older girl is a showoff and when her bf of the moment would show up, her game goes up. The younger dd's bf pushes her as hard or harder than I do - he goes to another school where all the girls hate my dd, and thinks its awesome that she beats his classmates in volleyball, long jump, high jump, 100 meter dash, 200 meter dash, softball.

I dont discourage bf anymore, I just get to know them, I go watch them play sports (baseball games at 1 and 3 today) and talk sports to them all the time, they talk sports with my dds all the time, they dont distract the girls - yet.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Pinch me, somebody.
Attachments
LaurenAtBatSmall.JPG
LaurenAtBatSmall.JPG (73.71 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by EVR585 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Dream come true!!!!! I know your daughter worked very hard to get there and I know you were there everystep of the way. Congratulations to you and especially to your daughter.

GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!!!

Looks like that was at Spring Klein.... I was there watching,,,, DD was sick and could not travel with her team to play this past weekend. :( So I threw some advil down her, bought her some orange juice and told her to go to bed.... :evil: I drove to SK to get my softball fix. Saw some good games. I kind of feel bad, NAH!!!!

#6 looks good in the maroon and white!!!! WHOOP!
EVR585

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery