Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Through the years - DD1

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by CrushersDad » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Awesome post Donnie and a dream come true for DD (and Daddy!).

WOW
CrushersDad

by DonnieS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm

EVR585 wrote:Dream come true!!!!! I know your daughter worked very hard to get there and I know you were there everystep of the way. Congratulations to you and especially to your daughter.

GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!!!

Looks like that was at Spring Klein.... I was there watching,,,, DD was sick and could not travel with her team to play this past weekend. :( So I threw some advil down her, bought her some orange juice and told her to go to bed.... :evil: I drove to SK to get my softball fix. Saw some good games. I kind of feel bad, NAH!!!!

#6 looks good in the maroon and white!!!! WHOOP!

She came down with H1N1 and had just got back to what she called 'human' again right before the tournament.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pbj2000 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Those are awesome pics...can't wait to start this for myself. thanks for paving the way for us lesser experienced...

mine is 8 yrs old so i'm going to start doing this asap. just gotta get a camera that is good quality and will last a lifetime. :ugeek:
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by DonnieS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 pm

pbj2000 wrote:Those are awesome pics...can't wait to start this for myself. thanks for paving the way for us lesser experienced...

mine is 8 yrs old so i'm going to start doing this asap. just gotta get a camera that is good quality and will last a lifetime. :ugeek:

pbj, just try to get the same pose, if you look back at the one I did on my youngest dd, i have her in the same pitching pose. Try to get maybe a hitting stance or fielding stance - the butt down/glove down stance or something like that.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pbj2000 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Where's the other one? I only see this one.
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by pixsguy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 pm

HITT is outta san aton right...did ya end of commuting as your dd got older...
pixsguy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm

pixsguy wrote:HITT is outta san aton right...did ya end of commuting as your dd got older...

DD1 played for Coach D for a little over a year, and we got pretty tired with the girls on two teams so I just changed my 14u team - into an 18u team, magically one weekend and told the young ones to hang tough. Went well though now that DD1 has left, and most of the kids on the team were seniors, I decided to shut it down and send the kids who wanted to play college ball to various organization teams. As a one man show (sometimes 2 or 3), I dont have the contacts that my older kids needed nor the time to develop them. I got my other graduate placed by a bit of incredible luck this year, and that scared the heck out of me for my older kids. My work is taking more and more of my time, plus going up to watch DD1 play was going to take a lot of time from me, so I decided to shut it down and made some calls and got most of the girls placed with organization teams. DD2 joined Scott Smiths Bombers Gold group out of New Braunfels and we are working with that. Its very tough for a team to take on a multi sport kid - she is playing vball, 3 hours a day practice, so home work time is late night and weekend - and thats when you play so its a struggle.

Playing enough softball and being in places to be seen is a lot of work during another sports season plus the constant worry about getting hurt and hurting your school varsity team. She is extremely team-oriented, for the team and the season that she is in at that point, and that, frankly, isnt always fair for her travel team. That is why I kept my team going so long.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by zko2000 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:24 pm

You must be very proud! She looks like a great young lady and is obviously a great ball player.
Congratulations.
zko2000

by DonnieS » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 am

zko2000 wrote:You must be very proud! She looks like a great young lady and is obviously a great ball player.
Congratulations.

Thanks - good luck to yours.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Those are awesome pics...can't wait to start this for myself. thanks for paving the way for us lesser experienced...

mine is 8 yrs old so i'm going to start doing this asap. just gotta get a camera that is good quality and will last a lifetime.

First, congrats to DonnieS's kid - what a tremendous accomplishment.

Second, to pbj2000 and others with the young kids - if you have an older one(s) then you already know how fast they grow up, and if DD is your oldest or only, then get all the pic's you can -they grow up faster than you can imagine. The two below are, as it happens, 5 years and 2 months apart almost to the day. The first is DD firing her first pitch ever in rec league, and the second is her closing out the conference championship as a HS freshman. Time flies....
Slide14.JPG
Slide14.JPG (53.02 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
Attachments
IMG_6854-edit2.jpg
IMG_6854-edit2.jpg (113.2 KiB) Viewed 5602 times
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery