Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

6, full 7 inning games

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by Pale Rider » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

I posted what I thought was a good pic of my kid, I knew better actually, very few people ever pat anyone's kid on the back...except their own and wish to interject their opinions, conclusions but its a public forum, as of today 1st Amendment is still in effect...

I'm proud of her, she works hard...her nickname is TONKA...
Tournament was an ASA Qualifier in Arkansas, June or July not sure...don't remember the exact dates, but it was hot as hell...no game ended early as in run rule etc...as far as each game being EXACTLY 3 hrs, not so sure, but when you add in warm ups...I'm sure its more...
As far as needing another catcher, may be, but #3 says that's her spot...You wont hear her whine about it....She is there to play...that's her spot
And we play virtually every weekend...

As far as her health, my wife is an RN, she was well hydrated and at the risk of being a over watchful parent she gets checked out every inning by my spouse...her coaches of course keep an eye on her also...

Matter of fact it was Joe Breeden...knees savers are in correct position btw...not in high (wrong) position....
Anyway thanks for the pat
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:44 pm

I think anybody would be proud, nobody wants to take anything from your DD. Also, all due respect to DW.

Speaking for myself, just tying to get you to consider the possibility that playing either pitcher or catcher that much may not be good for you DD's long term musculoskeletal health. Too much too soon and then for too long. Just mine and some others' opinion.

Some are probably already tiring of my taking up Sam's cause to some extent but, there are others with more insight into the "medical aspects" situation than even your wife that might agree with those of us that think what your DD is doing has a significant chance of overuse injuries. One that comes to mid:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Any-Given-Monday/James-R-Andrews/9781451667080

She only has two knees, shoulders and elbows.

Just a thought.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Im with Check Writer on this. Its not a slam on your DD. Quite the contrary. I'm impressed with the drive and determination. The issue is simply overuse. Once you start dealing with overuse injuries, or overuse that exacerbates nagging injuries, that much playing time just raises a red flag.
ontheblack

by just a dad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 am

Bad to the bone, nobody tougher than catchers!

Great pic, thanks for sharing!
just a dad

by freetacos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Sounds a lot like my oldest DD. She was insulted if she didn't start every game behind the plate. The pain was so bad in college that she had both knees operated on and that didn't stop all the pain. She had multiple injections of cortizone in her knees her junior and senior year in college just to be able to play. Now she is 25 and can no longer use any type of jogging or running when she works out. Should she have set the bench on some of those games in Gold ball? Without a doubt but it's too late now. She has no regrets but I feel that I should have put my foot down when she was younger. Most of the games that our kids play in travel ball are meaningless anyway.

My .02 cents worth

ft
freetacos

by bucket_sitter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 am

JOEMAN39 wrote:Game on Firday.... than couple on sat and couple on sun??? Why were you at the field for so long??? Sat at 8 am and left at 1 am ??? than Sun 8 am and left at 2pm. sounds like alot of sitting time to me to only play 6 games. I can't follow all the early and late times and to play 6 games??? Nothing meant just the time frame

Apparently you've never played in Panama City Beach, Florida....hate playing there because there are always rain delays. Sitting around is expected in PCB.
bucket_sitter

by Battle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Pale Rider wrote:I posted what I thought was a good pic of my kid, I knew better actually, very few people ever pat anyone's kid on the back...except their own and wish to interject their opinions, conclusions but its a public forum, as of today 1st Amendment is still in effect...

I'm proud of her, she works hard...her nickname is TONKA...
Tournament was an ASA Qualifier in Arkansas, June or July not sure...don't remember the exact dates, but it was hot as hell...no game ended early as in run rule etc...as far as each game being EXACTLY 3 hrs, not so sure, but when you add in warm ups...I'm sure its more...
As far as needing another catcher, may be, but #3 says that's her spot...You wont hear her whine about it....She is there to play...that's her spot
And we play virtually every weekend...

As far as her health, my wife is an RN, she was well hydrated and at the risk of being a over watchful parent she gets checked out every inning by my spouse...her coaches of course keep an eye on her also...

Matter of fact it was Joe Breeden...knees savers are in correct position btw...not in high (wrong) position....
Anyway thanks for the pat

Don't sweat it. Take note of the extremists and only use it if the situation is extreme. You will know that better than anybody. Not them.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by freetacos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

So battle..would you tell us just exactly what your experience with over use injury is? You are advising someone else to not worry about it?

please, let us know.

ft
freetacos

by Battle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 pm

freetacos wrote:So battle..would you tell us just exactly what your experience with over use injury is? You are advising someone else to not worry about it?

please, let us know.

ft

I'm not advising anyone of anything. I'm saying listen to your kid, watch her, and make an educated judgement based on what YOU see. I get the "save the world" and "fight the good fight" for the sake of the kids but for this subject to be brought up in this thread is ridiculous.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by freetacos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Battle , what is rediculous is someone posting and offering advice on a subject that they don't have a clue about. Again...what do you know about overuse injuries in sports?

ft

what do you know about overuse injuries in softball???
freetacos

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery