Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

6, full 7 inning games

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by Pale Rider » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

6, full 7 inning games ...every pitch, July 2012, 103 degrees...started late on a Friday night, went to bed at 3, back at field at 8am Sat, left about 1 am Sun, back at 8 am...headed home (5hr Drive) at 2 pm...
One tough Cookie...takes after her Mom
Proud of my frail youngun

AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballaddict » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am

Frail my arse. I love catchers. They look like something out of Terminator when they're all geared up and could take on an army, but if you see them dressed up for a dance or prom or something like that you wonder where the he** did you come from and what have you done with my catcher? Amazing!
softballaddict

by Pale Rider » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Frail ;) ...5 8, 160...flat stomach...hard as a freaking rock...complains her pants are falling off around her stomach but tight in the legs and rump...both of which make the buns of steel folks envious;-)...Remember once at 0300 in the morning...when we finally finished the tourney...I walked up and patted her on the back...she couldn't get any wetter than if she'd been thrown in a pool...hadn't eaten in about 10 hrs, been playing since 10 that am...but never showed it

..she works very very hard to get better everyday...running, Pilates, elliptical machine ...some weights...
Proud of her....
Transformer:-)...Call her Optimus Prime a lot during games...
Fearsome beast at 5....so skinny she had to lay down in the shower to get wet :D
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Respect her toughness, but your coach keeps abusing her like that, she'll need new knees to keep up with her toddlers! Need to find a team with another catcher.

Not all that much different that the pitcher that pitched 42 innings.

JMO
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 am

Food as in a sit down, knife and fork food...Area was expecting a Hurricane so it was pandemonium with fast food joints...PCB...USFA 12U a few years ago...so they were ending tourney early...PCB is humid, but before a hurricane its much worse...you really dont feel like eating when its that hot and humid...
She had a good lunch...snacks...concession stand junk...Concession stand ran out of food about 6pm...OF COURSE we have snacks in our bag...(don't tell gate Nazis)...But I mean a meal...One thing my bundle of joy and travel expenses can do is eat...she likes real food...beans, peas, real potatoes...meat that you can tell is meat...
Please excuse my lack of complete info...
After it was over, Hurricane threat had passed...since Katrina people TOTALLY freak out on evry little storm...we hit closest Waffle House...a waffle, eggs, toast, bacon, yes even grits;)
She was good to go:-)
I promise, we take care of her
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by JOEMAN39 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Respect the young lady... and yes very hard worker but 6 games in three days... not that bad... Game on Firday.... than couple on sat and couple on sun??? Why were you at the field for so long??? Sat at 8 am and left at 1 am ??? than Sun 8 am and left at 2pm. sounds like alot of sitting time to me to only play 6 games. I can't follow all the early and late times and to play 6 games??? Nothing meant just the time frame.... oh yea get rid of the knee savers... real catchers don't wear knee savers...(LOL)
JOEMAN39

by Pale Rider » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 pm

JOEMAN39 wrote:Respect the young lady... and yes very hard worker but 6 games in three days... not that bad... Game on Firday.... than couple on sat and couple on sun??? Why were you at the field for so long??? Sat at 8 am and left at 1 am ??? than Sun 8 am and left at 2pm. sounds like alot of sitting time to me to only play 6 games. I can't follow all the early and late times and to play 6 games??? Nothing meant just the time frame.... oh yea get rid of the knee savers... real catchers don't wear knee savers...(LOL)

Joe, We had first game at 10P on Friday night after 5 hour drive, it was a full 7 inning game...still in mid 90s...Ok done about 2am Sat , shower, bed @3ish,
Sat AM up at 0630a, first game at 0800...upper 90s already
On Sat she played 3 , full 7 inning games about 3 hrs each, last game ended about 1a. Sun....
back at park Sun @8a, game at 9a, about 3 hrs, then another back to back....
headed home about 3ish...

Knee savers?... Damn right as as many hrs she was catching...also keep in mind..6 1 hr pitcher warmups...and for the record, I see MLB catchers wearing them....Ive seen her catch 8, 1.5 hr games in one day...she worked with Joe Breeden last weekend...Catching Coach with Atlanata Braves, he said he didnt have one problem with them...wished I'd have had them...wouldnt be looking at 2 total knee replacements in the future....
Thats a real catcher Amigo....
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BigPeaches » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 am

I think the "get rid of the knee savers" comment was a joke :)
BigPeaches

by Pale Rider » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:04 pm

BigPeaches wrote:I think the "get rid of the knee savers" comment was a joke :)

May be...lately Ive even seen NCAA and some MLB catchers using them...and being we use her like a rented mule, which she would NOT have any other way...she's ornery like her Mom...unlike her level headed father :o (absolutely not to be confused with another word that sorta sounds like ornery btw)

And as I get set for another knee operation eating ibuprofen like M&Ms
I may have wished they'd been around when I played...getting mature sucks ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by JOEMAN39 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

I have to ask what was the name of this tournament and where was it??? I suggest your team needs another catcher because you worry about her knees with knee savers but your not worried about her health. If this actually happened than this kid won't make it thru many more years. But her knees will be ok. But now your team may only play one tournament a year so that would be possible, but if you played every weekend like this that is tough.... I don't believe these games lasted 3 hrs. even at 7 innings (every game lasted 3 hrs. come on) 8 games in one day1.5 hrs long???? come on dude..... Breeden did a camp for South Alabama on the 11th I guess she went to that camp? Breeden good guy. Knee savers no big deal if there in correct location, not all the way up by the knee, and if there the right type of knee savers.
JOEMAN39

Next

Return to Photo/Video Gallery