Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

What would you guess?

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by anonlooker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Great to see pics after your team run ruled somebody. It would be far more interesting to see some, for comparison's sake, after they dropped a 1-0 nail biter. :mrgreen:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by coachsteve5 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm

anonlooker wrote:Great to see pics after your team run ruled somebody. It would be far more interesting to see some, for comparison's sake, after they dropped a 1-0 nail biter. :mrgreen:

OK. This is a long story to set up the picture. I will make it as short as possible. We were playing in a tournament in Bowling Green, KY. and I have a house 40 minutes away on Barren River (my family's lake house). Some of us went down a day early to go boating. I did not take my laptop to check my email. We had a 5 hour rain delay Saturday morning. I received calls on my cell to tell me of the delays. When we finally left the house to go play our first game, when we arrived we were told we were late for our first game. The TD changed the schedule via email on Friday and I didn't have a way to check it. They let us play the game but didn't give us time to warm up. We lost that game and had a double-header which was not on the original schedule. We lost the second game too. So we ended up as the 9th seed out of 9 teams. We played our first tournament game Saturday night and won. Our next game was Sunday against the #1 seed which we lost 4-3 so it put us in the losers bracket. We would have to win 6 straight to win the tournament. We played 6 in a row and lost the final game 1-0. This is a bunch of exhausted young girls but I was very proud of them.
103_0720a.jpg
103_0720a.jpg (78.77 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
coachsteve5

by anonlooker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 pm

BRAVO!!
To the girls for playing through a brutal schedule.
And I guess to you too, for having the pic! ;)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:53 am

Tough schedule & with just 10 gals ... good job ! ... But my question is, do they always put Lake Houses on the river in Kentucky .. In Va. we usually put a Lake House at the Lake, River House at the River ... I'm just sayin' ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by coachsteve5 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:Tough schedule & with just 10 gals ... good job ! ... But my question is, do they always put Lake Houses on the river in Kentucky .. In Va. we usually put a Lake House at the Lake, River House at the River ... I'm just sayin' ...

Your right about the lake/river house. Barren River (as it's called) has a dam so it is really a man-made lake. So we call it our lake house. ;)
coachsteve5

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:34 pm

coachsteve5 wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:Tough schedule & with just 10 gals ... good job ! ... But my question is, do they always put Lake Houses on the river in Kentucky .. In Va. we usually put a Lake House at the Lake, River House at the River ... I'm just sayin' ...

Your right about the lake/river house. Barren River (as it's called) has a dam so it is really a man-made lake. So we call it our lake house. ;)

In VA we would just say we're going to the Dam house ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by SSdad » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

I think the girls got chastised for making fun of their coaches' jean shorts
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by vdubya » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:27 am

That last pic with the plaque--those girls look like some jocks! Not in a bad way either. Judging from the guns in that pic I'd be surprised if they weren't in the final Sunday game.
What age?
VW
vdubya

by coachsteve5 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:16 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
coachsteve5 wrote:

In VA we would just say we're going to the Dam house ...

That's great. I am telling the family what the new name is.
coachsteve5

by coachsteve5 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:20 pm

vdubya wrote:That last pic with the plaque--those girls look like some jocks! Not in a bad way either. Judging from the guns in that pic I'd be surprised if they weren't in the final Sunday game.
What age?
VW

14U in 2008. 15U this year playing 16U.
coachsteve5

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery