Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

DD hits a triple

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by CrushersDad » Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 am

We played a tournament in Modesto this weekend and DD had a batting average of .500 for the weekend with 13 plate appearances, 1 walk, 5 singles and a triple with NO strikeouts. She carries a .390 average for the season (94 at bats).

She is 13 playing first year 14U.

CrushersDad

by Tucson » Mon May 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Well, I would have been backing up as soon as she got in the box. (And that is a compliment.)

What bat and weight, etc. is she swinging? It kinda looks like the silver RT. (Which in itself would back me up.)
Tucson

by Clean_up » Mon May 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Great form! I see she is way in front of the box too, wonder how fast the pitcher was throwing.
Clean_up

by CrushersDad » Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Thank you both for the compliments.

she is swinging a Dimarini CF3 33/23

Funny you should ask about the pitch speed Clean_Up. This girl was only pitching in the low 40's. DD kept telling her team to get as far to the front of the box as they could, some didn't listen, most couldn't hit her.
CrushersDad

by Clean_up » Mon May 18, 2009 1:41 pm

CrushersDad wrote:Thank you both for the compliments.

she is swinging a Dimarini CF3 33/23

Funny you should ask about the pitch speed Clean_Up. This girl was only pitching in the low 40's. DD kept telling her team to get as far to the front of the box as they could, some didn't listen, most couldn't hit her.

Exactly, my older DD who is 16, gets in front of the box regardless of speed (drives me nuts sometimes, lol) and still seems to have the hardest time waiting for anything under 55, lol. That pitcher would have wrung up my kid but good! Great job, she looks like a solid hitter... :D
Clean_up

by Blind Squirrel » Mon May 18, 2009 3:33 pm

[quote="Trophy Hunter"][/quote]

Well to you and the "wolves" all I can say is that everything is relative. Think any of your kids impress Cat/Gary Osterman? A kid that enjoys success at any level deserves to have parents who are every bit as proud as the delusional parents who believe their kid is destined for a D1 full ride because they've been to Nationals and batted at/near the top of the order.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CrushersDad » Mon May 18, 2009 4:01 pm

NSA tournament "Rockin' Softball" in Modesto, CA 5/16 and 5/17. Most of the pitching was low to mid 50's. This particular team was knocked out first round because of pitching.
CrushersDad

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed May 20, 2009 6:55 pm

JMO ... but 'up in the box' only works when you are seeing the ball well ... I say 'IF' they are slumping you leave them in the back of the box ... those of you who have played know that 'WHEN' you are on it doesn't matter what they throw you or where they throw it, cause you're gonna knock the crap out of it ... I say it is the opposite if you are slumping, so give yourself the best look at the ball and sit in the back of the box ... but, WTF do I know ?... except Crusher crushed that one ... LMAOWIOAB!
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to Photo/Video Gallery