Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

photographers ?'s

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by GSB » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 pm

SkinnyFats wrote:You may not be able to adjust your current equipment to get the job done.

Look at it this way - the camera needs a certain amount of light to take the picture. The amount of light required depends on the ISO setting - the ISO tradeoff being that less light required (higher ISO) equals grainier, noisier pictures. Note that DSLRs can take far better pictures at high ISO than can point-and-shoot type cameras.

So you pick your ISO (thus setting the amount of light you need). Now you have to get that amount of light to the sensor. A short shutter speed means less blur in the pic, but also less light to the sensor. A large aperture means more light on the sensor, but the lens has a certain physical maximum it can be set to, and cheaper lenses tend to not be sharp at these settings.

In other words, it may not be physically possible to take the pictures you want with the equipment you have. To get the shutter speed high enough to remove blur, the amount of light entering the camera may result in a black picture. Raising the ISO way up may result in such a grainy crappy picture that you may not be satisfied anyway, etc. etc. That's why most point-and-shoot cameras take really nice pictures outside on sunny days - it's easy to get the light you need. Night games and indoor shots are much more challenging, and require different equipment to pull off what you want.

? and you didn't even mention the difference between Paramount lighting and Rembrandt lighting. You forgot to mention lens flair, oh and yes, remove the lens cap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
To each their own.
GSB

by Crabby_Bob » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:38 am

GSB wrote:[snip] oh and yes, remove the lens cap. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, that?! I thought you meant the film back.
Did that exactly once. :(
Hard to do that with those new-fangled electronic gizmos. :D
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by NavinR » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

Crabby_Bob wrote:
GSB wrote:[snip] oh and yes, remove the lens cap. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, that?! I thought you meant the film back.
Did that exactly once. :(
Hard to do that with those new-fangled electronic gizmos. :D

Unless you don't pay attention to th e "delete all" button :lol:
"Don't Whine, Don't Complain, Don't Make Excuses"
John Wooden
NavinR

by fastpitch7 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 pm

hey forgot 2 ask...

I got a UV lens filter, when should I use it and when shouldn't I?

I am assuming daylight bright conditions use it, evening/cloudy don't.... or doesn't it matter if I just leave it on.

thanks all
fastpitch7

by TXPeppers-1-Dad » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Leave the UV filter on all the time. It's great protection from scratching your lense.
You might want to get a Polarizer Filter for very sunny days
TXPeppers-1-Dad

by SkinnyFats » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey, check me out at DD's game last night :lol:

SkinnyFats

by pixsguy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:50 pm

of course, you know you can rent all these expensive lenses at samys...you just need a deposit big enough to cover it...but its a great to test the waters before you dump a chunk for that perfect lense...but the 70-200 2.8 is the lense of choice for action...especially low light and night shots...
pixsguy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Photo/Video Gallery