Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Texas 10u pitcher working on useing the legs !

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by HBDave » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

There are two pictures in this thread and in neither one of them is her right foot off the ground. As long as that toe drags along the ground her pitches are perfectly legal. I never measured but I'm guessing that when my DD pitched, even at 10U, her release point was probably anywhere from 5 to 7 feet in front of the pitching plate. Okay, maybe 4 to 6 feet :D
HBDave

by outfielder » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:59 am

Holy Hey Buckets Batman, is that a muscle under that yellow sock in the 2nd picture :o

I guess she is using those legs in the gym :!:
I'd rather die than lose, you have to live with losing
outfielder

by Tucson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:06 am

Has this post been altered to remove the young lady's name? I hadn't been paying attention here for a day or 2, but anyone that read earlier had this young lady's name. I think that the whole post should be deleted.

All we have are anonymous posters jumping on a 10 YO.

You can't tell anything from a still photo. See this http://www.bumsumshi.com/images/Pitcher ... terman.jpg

Amy Seely, pitching coach
Tucson

by MudbugMom » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

This child's name has never been mentioned - she has only been referenced as #1. And you should understand that you are correct dragging of the foot is not only permitted but encouraged to give you the momentum forward.- In the 2nd photo use your gray matter- there is no way possible that her right foot magically moved 2' forward with the ball still over her head. - Its impossible without leaping forward and replanting the foot- its just not a difficult concept. In the first photo you could potentially say that her heel had initially been on the rubber and the lifting of the heel made it appear that her right foot was off the rubber. The whole point isn't to be accusatory or mean or hateful or judgemental.- its simply to point out an illegal pitch (no matter who happens to perform the act) and to say to this dad that with the muscle mass on this kid's legs- she doesn't need to leap to get her speed to 54mph- she can do it correctly and accomplish the same thing and her pitch will never be in question. Its just an observation- the photo was posted on the website so I assume it was meant to be viewed and thereby invites thought.
MudbugMom

by TShark » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 pm

You know Mud, its thinking like that, that will get get you lambasted(?) and ridiculed. Thats why I dont put photos on here. I dont take critizism well. Everyone should be proud of their kids, but if your gonna post .... be prepared.
TShark

by MudbugMom » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 pm

TShark- I believe you're correct. I misunderstood the forum- I'm new to it. I thought it was for objective softball conversation- I didn't realize how it was typically used. I guess when we are talking about our children we tend to react differently than when it is simply someone we don't know. I don't know them so it wasn't personal for me. I'm bowing out. My apologies to Hammer and his #1. No harm intended whatsoever. I hope the Texas Sting does really well at Panama City- have a safe drive.
MudbugMom

by DD's Catcher » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 pm

hammer, the 1st pic looks to be some pretty awesome leg kick and drive from #1! my 12u has very long legs and we work on that too! i think it is a great pic.

pic #2 does look like a replant or maybe really slow armwhip or maybe the pic is taken out of context? my dghtr did a replant. she even had a drag-line which proved she wasn't airborn or hopping. we occasionally caught S##t from opposing coaches which ultimately had blue closely spying my #1. The attention garnered from the opposition and blue was about 50% of the time. everytime they brought up the word crow hop or replant, it was a pain in the a$$ (and it pissed me off, too!). i video'd my kid and played it back in slow-mo. it was very evident that she replanted and released with a dragfoot push from about 2 feet off of the pitching plate. spotting it was the easy part, lol. fixing it was a whole other story. it took almost a year of, literally, sweat and TEARS (our sweat/her tears, she swore and beleived she was doing nothing illegal!) to fix that replant. ever since we fixed 'the hitch', we receive no negative notice of our mechanics, ever!

my response, in no way, is meant to take away from hammer or #1's luster. i was not even going to post until i saw the 2nd pic. that 2nd pic brought back a flood of nightmares for me. hammer can you post a video of #1?
DD's Catcher

by HAMMER » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:23 pm

mudbugmom, First I would like to know who gave you the right to post a pic of my daughter ? If this is about our team winning a 10u tournament you can have the t-shirts back. I posted the first pic of my daughter because I was proud she was starting to use her legs after working on it for a long time. Is she a perfict pitcher... no she is 10u. I did not post her pic to be diesected by pissed parents that have been beat by the Texas Sting. She has pitched all over the state and she has been called for illegal pitch maybe twice. Has she made mistakes as a pitcher trying to push herself 'yes'. I never thought that anyone would attack a 10u kid on a post because they lost a tournament, #1 has pitched illegal pitches but it is not what she has been tought or the norm for her. She is trying to push herself as hard as she can. To take a single pic of her and post it to tear her down is very week. If anyone on this post want's to watch #1 pitch we will play at the USFA nat's this week at FL. and you can come talk to me personally about her pitching if you have concerns about what she is being tought. I will not be hard to find just ask for #1's dad. If not cry to the ump's and try to get her called for IP. From here on do not post a pic with my kid without my permision. I would not take pic's of your kid and post them on a form. I think allot more of kids than that "even your kid". I guess you also had a radar gun on her. I will keep an eye on your team when we play at nat's because you seem to be obssesed with my kid. She has worked hard and is a great pitcher at her age, and your poor pic's & post's will not keep her from becoming a great future pitcher. Good luck at nat's and I really hope to see ya!

PS. ASK FOR WES KAUDER OR # 1'S DAD
HAMMER

by Tucson » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:25 am

The Internet is a dangerous place. Long time posters (10+ years) have watched attacks like this one get pretty serious.

I am just a mom in Tucson, that has raised her kids, and I am not particularly computer savy. It took me one click to locate an address for this little girl and one click to locate Mudbogmom.

Again, this post needs deleted.
Tucson

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:37 am

Tucson wrote:The Internet is a dangerous place. Long time posters (10+ years) have watched attacks like this one get pretty serious.

I am just a mom in Tucson, that has raised her kids, and I am not particularly computer savy. It took me one click to locate an address for this little girl and one click to locate Mudbogmom.

Again, this post needs deleted.

Tucson, no offense, but might want to check out the whole thread. This started with Hammer posted a proud pic of his DD. Mudbog, made some comments about crow hopping etc and has since " said sorry" at least 2 times. Hammer took offense and this thread took off.
THE MAD-DOG99

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery