Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Texas 10u pitcher working on useing the legs !

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

HAMMER wrote:Be carefull ! :twisted:

Absolutely no offense intended. Your kid looks great. I just saw the video and thought it was funny.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MudbugMom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:59 pm

From the looks of this photo this must be one of the girls who pitched against us in Louisiana. She's a good pitcher- with that momentum and as high as that left leg is I'm wondering if that right toe remains grounded throughout her drive forward. I have several pictures of the tournament were we saw a couple of Texas Sting's pitchers and one in particular became airborne on mulitple pitches - just be careful cause sometimes you wanna drive more forward not upward. I can't tell from this picture if it is the same child or not - her toe here is still touching the ground but - I'm not so sure a hundredth of a second later where it might have ended up.
MudbugMom

by HAMMER » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:54 pm

MudbugMom wrote:From the looks of this photo this must be one of the girls who pitched against us in Louisiana. She's a good pitcher- with that momentum and as high as that left leg is I'm wondering if that right toe remains grounded throughout her drive forward. I have several pictures of the tournament were we saw a couple of Texas Sting's pitchers and one in particular became airborne on mulitple pitches - just be careful cause sometimes you wanna drive more forward not upward. I can't tell from this picture if it is the same child or not - her toe here is still touching the ground but - I'm not so sure a hundredth of a second later where it might have ended up.

Yes this is the young lady that everyone was complaining about at the Westlake tournament. I also know they called an USFA or ASA director for that area to come watch her pitch on Sunday and he said that she was not doing anything wrong. He had to argue with several gentlemen that had him come out to watch her. We work very hard on her pitching, and I would agree you don’t normally see 10u pitchers use there legs this aggressively. She has pitched since she was seven years old. Believe me she has a very knowledgeable pitching coach (collage hall of fame pitcher) that keeps her eye on every technique that # 1 uses. I appreciate your concern but we would not teach her technique that were illegal just to gain unfair advantage especially at age 10 or any age for that matter. Thank you for your complements. And hope to see you at Nat’s
Last edited by HAMMER on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAMMER

by MudbugMom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 pm

I'm glad they looked at it - If they said it wasn't a replant then it wasn't - I'm no official just a mom. I can't say I believe that the upward momentum gave any advantage to her at all cause I saw her pitch with what appeared to be both feet coming off the ground and I saw her pitch with her blatently dragging her foot and it really didn't change her pitches- they were all nice pitches- she was consistent, speed wasn't faster with one approach versus another and mostly on target. I only mentioned it to you cause the photo reminded me of it. I don't know that I would have even noticed it if I hadn't heard people talking about it. You have every reason to be proud of her - - I can only say from reading these topics that I really wish Louisiana softball parents would take as much of an interest and be more vocal about their kids accomplishments in softball - you guys got that going on.
MudbugMom

by HAMMER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:42 am

Spazsdad wrote:Hey Hammer,
What the heck is a "toque"?

not proof reading what you type !
HAMMER

by HAMMER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:55 am

MudbugMom wrote:I'm glad they looked at it - If they said it wasn't a replant then it wasn't - I'm no official just a mom. I can't say I believe that the upward momentum gave any advantage to her at all cause I saw her pitch with what appeared to be both feet coming off the ground and I saw her pitch with her blatently dragging her foot and it really didn't change her pitches- they were all nice pitches- she was consistent, speed wasn't faster with one approach versus another and mostly on target. I only mentioned it to you cause the photo reminded me of it. I don't know that I would have even noticed it if I hadn't heard people talking about it. You have every reason to be proud of her - - I can only say from reading these topics that I really wish Louisiana softball parents would take as much of an interest and be more vocal about their kids accomplishments in softball - you guys got that going on.

We have been working on using her legs for a while. She is a little inconsistent on how much and how little to use them ( trying to find a comfort zone ). It is frustrating when a young pitcher is trying to grow and she has some success she is questioned by every coach that she plays. This is not the first time it has been questioned but it has not been an issue with most umpires. We watch allot of collage softball, and some of the pitchers you see at that level really make you question what they are looking for. Rarely have I witnessed a illegal pitch called, but have seen allot of pitchers not keep contact with the ground. ;)
HAMMER

by TShark » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:54 pm

That is a illegal pitch. Ball is in hand and her foot is off of the pitching rubber
TShark

by HAMMER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm

TShark wrote:That is a illegal pitch. Ball is in hand and her foot is off of the pitching rubber

WRONG !
HAMMER

by Little Bird » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:07 pm

TShark wrote:That is a illegal pitch. Ball is in hand and her foot is off of the pitching rubber

I agree, is that why Hammer's team isn't going to ASA nationals?
Little Bird

by HAMMER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Little Bird wrote:

I agree, is that why Hammer's team isn't going to ASA nationals?

I am not even getting in this stupid conversation LOOK IT UP ON THE ASA SITE AND READ IT YOUR SELF ! We know what the rules are and we know what we are teaching our kid. You are looking at a picture of a unfinished pitch and making a call you are not qualified to make.Dont be a hater !
HAMMER

PreviousNext

Return to Photo/Video Gallery