Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

emailing pics

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by fastpitch7 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:59 pm

whats the best way to email pics?

i've tried compressing them and creating zip files, but it still takes forever to load and send 5-15 pictures. Is there an easier way?

thanks
fastpitch7

by DonnieS » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:36 pm

FP, to send a high res version of your pictures, you could get space on an ftp site and move them up there and let others download them. If you dont know about ftp, its moot. Then the next thing to do about sending high res of your pictures, is to burn and mail a cd.

The next option is to use whatever photo management software you have on your machine, you can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager if you dont have other software to change the resolution of your pictures and that will reduce the size of your pictures greatly, as in change a 4 meg picture to 300-400k, but as you can guess, it will reduce the quality. The quality will be good enough to see the picture and some wont even notice, but if they wanted to take the image and print out a quality picture, you would see the reduction in quality in that photo print.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitch7 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:33 pm

thanks, just took some pics of a friends DD on another team and wanted to get them to him.
fastpitch7

by DonnieS » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:38 pm

fastpitch7 wrote:thanks, just took some pics of a friends DD on another team and wanted to get them to him.

I do that a lot - its fun to try and get 'the shot' - even if its not your kid. If you're like me, its easier to get good shots of other kids, because you arent so focused on just seeing your kid make her play.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitch7 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:46 pm

your right, its hard to get that perfect shot, when you want to see where she hit the ball and cheer at the same time.

I've gotten some good shots just taking practice shots trying to figure out settings, when DD team wasn't playing
fastpitch7

by Poseidon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi all,

To transfer rather large files like pictures and movies I use sendspace (www.sendspace.com). It works really well and the recipient does not need to know how to use an FTP site :D

Michel
Poseidon

by Tucson » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 am

What about Snapfish and Photobucket?
Tucson

Return to Photo/Video Gallery