Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

New Bat

What's on your mind?

by Battle » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:In my opinion you should decide what length and weight bat your DD wants and call Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone at DeMahoseyou Customer DisService ... Tell him what you want and in turn they will send you whatever they feel like ... Then you can call them and tell them the bat is a full ounce off of the advertised weight ... You will get a return number, send the bat back and then in 2 weeks have the same bat returned to you without any explanation ... After several repeated unanswered or returned calls, Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone will tell you that being a full ounce off is within company tolerances ... He will also let you know that he is NOT going back in the warehouse and start weighing bats to see if any of them are the correct weight so he can send you what you ordered ... At that point, you can let Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone at DeMahosyou Customer DisService know that you coach travel and High School teams and will never purchase another DeMahoseyou bat ...
8 Years ! Take that Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone

I would have thought that you would've beaten his ass by now... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:53 pm

DonnieS wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
I think I detect a little sarcasm in this post but it's very subtle, just like TDurd's post above.

Oh no you didn't........ :shock:

Next thing I'm going to hear is that a 2x4 doesnt measure out to be 2x4. :o

Now you tell me. So that's why my shed out back looks like a 3rd grade built it. I knew it couldn't have been me or the moonshine.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 am

DonnieS wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
I think I detect a little sarcasm in this post but it's very subtle, just like TDurd's post above.

What is the standard terminology in measurements for construction lumber ? Lets say: 2 x 2, 2 x 4, 2 x 6, 2 x 8, 2 x 10 and so on ... If you ordered 2 x 6's, ( which common knowledge for dressed lumber has them planed to aprx. 1.5 x 5.5 ) and you were shipped 2 x 4's , would you have an issue ? Now how are bats graded ? By length and weight ... Lets say a 34-24, 34-23, 34-22 etc etc ... If you purchased a 34-24 & a 34-22 and were sent two 34-23's instead, would you have an issue ? :lol: No really, it's been 8 years ... I'm over it ... My HS bat budget is a little over 2000 a year ... Just that alone over the last 8 years may not bankrupt DeMahoseyou and Mr Notso Freakinice on the phone, but it makes me smile :mrgreen:
Last edited by GIMNEPIWO on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 am

Battle wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

Now you tell me. So that's why my shed out back looks like a 3rd grade built it. I knew it couldn't have been me or the moonshine.

That will teach you ! ... Save the 'Nip of The Peach' for the end of the day ... St Pauli Girl will keep you hammerin' straight during construction ... LOL
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:28 am

jtat32 wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:8 Years ! Take that Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone

Yeah, well I've been assuring my wife that what she got was within reasonable tolerances of what she was promised for 20 years now.

:lol: You coming in heavy or short ?
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

B34R DOWN wrote:None of the bats weight exactly what they say... If an once is going to make or break the swing I would invest in a gym pass too...

If a bats weight doesn't matter then why have a -10, -9, -8 etc. ,,,, Of course the weight matters, just as length does ... Especially when you are purchasing team bats for several different size, strength and style of hitters ... If some bats from a manufacturer are right on and one is a full ounce off, something is not right ... If bats are graded from that manufacturer in 1 ounce increments, common sense would tell you an acceptable tolerance is 1/2 ounce ... If you try to be nice and then Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone from DeMahoseyou Customer Dis-Service pisses in your face and tells you it's a rain storm ... Well then ;)
GIMNEPIWO

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:33 am

Battle wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:In my opinion you should decide what length and weight bat your DD wants and call Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone at DeMahoseyou Customer DisService ... Tell him what you want and in turn they will send you whatever they feel like ... Then you can call them and tell them the bat is a full ounce off of the advertised weight ... You will get a return number, send the bat back and then in 2 weeks have the same bat returned to you without any explanation ... After several repeated unanswered or returned calls, Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone will tell you that being a full ounce off is within company tolerances ... He will also let you know that he is NOT going back in the warehouse and start weighing bats to see if any of them are the correct weight so he can send you what you ordered ... At that point, you can let Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone at DeMahosyou Customer DisService know that you coach travel and High School teams and will never purchase another DeMahoseyou bat ...
8 Years ! Take that Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone

I would have thought that you would've beaten his ass by now... :lol:

Ya know when you are talking to someone on the phone and you get this visual of what they are doing, or what they look like as you are having your conversation ? Well, at least I do ... I kind of have Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone at DeMahoseyou Customer Dis-Service as this fat arse with his feet on the desk, white Italian Hoagie stained t-shirt with the bottom third of his hairy gut hanging out ... His pants belt half loosened on his 3 waist size too small stained trousers in bowling alley mechanic gray ... What's left of his hair is about 18 months from it's last trimming and greasy ... Chewing on the same cigar butt he found in the parking lot on the way into Walmart last week ... Copenhagen smart arse grin ... His ear and nose hairs make him look like a party favor from last New Years Eve ... He's wearing bedroom slippers because he is too lazy to velcro his sneakers on ... The sticky fly strip hanging behind his desk needed to be changed last July and has some of his hair stuck to it ... Trash can is over flowing with fast food wrappers, canceled return authorization numbers and stinks like a two week old dead cat ... No windows ... Bag of Cheatos, sticky bun and 2 liter bottle of Dr Pibb at the ready ... His finger nails are dirty, but not from working ... The couch where he sleeps against the wall only has 3 legs, smells of urine and looks like it was robbed from a share-croppers front porch ... His Uncles cousin got him the job as a last chance favor and the guys in the warehouse call him Pee-Wee ...
GIMNEPIWO

by Battle » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 pm

:lol: :lol:

Gman, remind me not to piss you off...lol
Battle

by GIMNEPIWO » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:48 am

Battle wrote::lol: :lol:

Gman, remind me not to piss you off...lol

:lol: You may not believe it, but it takes a lot ,,,
I will say though, in Mr Notso Freakiniceonthefone from DeMahoseyou Customer Dis-Services defense ... My 'visuals' have been wrong before ... He could be worse ! LMAO .... About 39 years ago before cellular devices I had an answering service for business ... Every time I'd get back to the office I would call them and get my messages ... This one girl was so sweet ... Always took very detailed messages ... Forwarded important stuff to my pager .... Never got a number wrong ... The peeps calling for me thought she was a personal secretary ... She never let on to them that she was anything less ... Great gal .... ;) So, when 'Secretary Day' comes along, I invite her out to lunch ... Nice bouquet of flowers, box of chocolates, card with some cash .... :o :shock: ... OMFG ! .... It turns out I had to get an answering machine.
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions