Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

another ill conceived gadget

What's on your mind?

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:00 am

Spazsdad wrote:
work4wins wrote:I have been very successful using this training tool with my hitters. Keeps them from throwing their hands out early, and reinforces using their body to turn on the ball first. Their power and swing improve dramatically with it. But if all of you expert critics are correct and this is a waste of time, then it must be my magnificent coaching abilities and not the tool at all.

So glad we got that cleared up!
Mr. Magnificent

I would definitely take Mark's opinion and evaluation over anyone else. Just sayin....

Yeah sorry Senor Magnifico but I was thinking the same thing. Mark isn't saying these things to be malicious, he just feels that based upon his many years of experience that this won't work. Could he be wrong? Sure. But my money's on Mark.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 am

Who the heck is Mark H?
Yoda of hitting ?
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Chin Music wrote:Who the heck is Mark H?
Yoda of hitting ?

Have you ever heard of Steve Englishbey ?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Chin Music wrote:Who the heck is Mark H?
Yoda of hitting ?

More like the Terrible Ted of guitar playing. :lol:

"You see this here guitar now do you see it? ...This here guitar is guaranteed to blow the balls off a charging rhino at 60 paces..."
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 pm

So is Steve Mark H?
And Ted refuses to play sweet shit!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cannonball » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:33 pm

MarkH is not Steve Englishbey. I count Mark as a good friend. MarkH has been there done that and then some. Look, the idea that the hands push out like that does not match what the best hitters do. Mark just might be referencing the Hanson Principle which states that one should judge a swing based upon video of what the best hitters do. I think MarkH subscribes to that notion. :idea:

In fastpitch softball, a consistent problem is that hitters are being taught to push. I know that even when my dd grew up with many of the principles that MarkH subscribes to, she was accused of having a push swing by some. Real power is lost in the process. I stopped trying to change people a long time ago and so, teach what you want to teach. MarkH's DD and my DD have been there and have done fairly well. Time for you all to enjoy the ride and educate yourselves.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by DonnieS » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Chin Music wrote:So is Steve Mark H?
And Ted refuses to play sweet shit!

Sorry - no , But Steve and Mark are good friends. Steve has worked with my girls a lot some years back, I wish I could get Steve out to Lubbock to work with DD2 - but anyway, Steve E has worked with a lot of teams and kids all over the place. I have run into in multiple places, tournaments, clinics, the oddest of all (in my mind anyway) was in Newark Airport. He got so excited explaining hitting theory that a couple of folks got a little leary of the both of us and scooted away (i always wondered if it was to talk to TSA).
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach_Larry » Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Have a kid take some reps with this according to the instructions, then pitch them some outside BP. It's a hoot...
Coach_Larry
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Sun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

To strengthen a girls swing I am selling these.
Guaranteed to improve bat to ball force.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiy9t8-oqrY
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Mon May 23, 2016 5:25 am

DonnieS wrote:On second thought, something new might be a good idea.

Just when I thought I wasn't the last dinosaur you have to go and say this .... Thanks for nothing
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions