Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Playing Friendly's

What's on your mind?

by BIG PAPA 18 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:54 am

Hey all you coaches out there, I have a question for you all? When you take your team to these friendly's are you going with the immpresion (sorry if spelled wrong) that you are playing all your kids, and batting all of them, or are you going to go and play with straight nine and try to win every game?

IMO ....I play all the girls, and move them around so they can get the experience and learn. The win is not that important to me in a friendly, as long as my kids are getting the experience.
BIG PAPA 18

by artomatic » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:16 am

I try to get them all as equal time as I can in friendlies.
I try to play the better teams with more of my tournament lineup, but everyone plays.
usually one game i will try to get the girls who have batted lower in the other games up near the top. not quite reversing the lineup, but close, and my leadoff usually bats last in that game, etc...if we play a team again at a later date, i try to have a different pitcher throw to see how it works.
I have 3 pitchers, and they each get a full game.
regardless, in friendlies, I try to balance wanting to win with keeping things in perspective.
going 3-0 in a friendly is nice, but i would rather lose 3-1 and play in a tight competitive game than win 15-0, when you can't steal, bunt, etc after the 2nd inning...
I also try not to get too high if we beat a good team or too low if we lose to a good team.
Again, trying to keep things balanced and in perspective.
And, I won't make any excuses regarding a win or loss, it is what it is, and it's not the end of the world.
I still probably 2nd guess myself more than i should, but not as bad as i used to... :D
JMHO
Art
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions