Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Gameface save's DD's face

What's on your mind?

by Tucson » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Some "pitchers" scare me to death, because they are not ready to play defense. You know the ones, where the ball is bunted back to her and she stays in the circle.

The little girls are so preoccupied with throwing strikes that they release the ball and step back toward the pitching rubber, with their foot. (And their glove is on their thigh.)
Tucson

by Judd » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:27 pm

While the wall drill is an excellent drill, my point is that even with that training, the pitcher may still not react in time. A Major league coach got killed and he was twice the distance our girls pitch at (about 90 feet, depending on where he was)

A mask is not the end all, be all, but for <$50 it sure is a cheap safe guard.

While I know if I wanted my DD to be 100% safe, I would keep her in my bomb shelter bubble wrapped. But I think the game face/defender/whatever has decent PITA/Reward ratio.

BTW I think they should be mandatory till 18, maybe 16. The govt is always trying to save us from ourselves, (helmets,seat belts) why not make girls wear a simple device that may save them from horrific injuries?

At the very least, coaches owe it to new players on TB and rec teams to explain masks so the parents have a choice.

Thats my $.0001 worth
Judd

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions