Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

International Tie Breaker

What's on your mind?

by heynow » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 am

Saw a great game played by 11 and 12 yo’s that included ITB between CTS and Thunderhawks 96. Game was well played and had great pitching; the ITB provided that much more excitement to an incredible first round elimination game. It took two innings of ITB before CTS won 3-2. What are the most number of innings in ITB you’ve seen played before a game was decided?
heynow

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 am

6 - but there we doing the inverted ITB where they load the bases, you have 2 outs when the batter comes to the plate. Much prefer the normal ITB - one runner at 2nd, no outs.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by umpinva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 pm

heynow wrote:Saw a great game played by 11 and 12 yo’s that included ITB between CTS and Thunderhawks 96. Game was well played and had great pitching; the ITB provided that much more excitement to an incredible first round elimination game. It took two innings of ITB before CTS won 3-2. What are the most number of innings in ITB you’ve seen played before a game was decided?

ASA 18U Gold tournament. I was PU in a game that went five ITB innings. Both pitchers were throwing smoke the whole game. Game ended 0-2 on a walk off home run. Total game took less than two hours.
umpinva

by BART.SR » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 pm

heynow wrote:Saw a great game played by 11 and 12 yo’s that included ITB between CTS and Thunderhawks 96. Game was well played and had great pitching; the ITB provided that much more excitement to an incredible first round elimination game. It took two innings of ITB before CTS won 3-2. What are the most number of innings in ITB you’ve seen played before a game was decided?

About 4 years back ( it was 8yr olds ), Chino Hills and Northridge for championship game, if i am not mistaken that game lasted about 13 to 14 innings, with 7 or 8 of those innings in ITB..
Great game!! even though it was 8's they sure could play.... :mrgreen:
BART.SR

by anonlooker » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

In Feb this year at Cathedral City BLD College Kickoff Classic hosted by Oregon State...

14 innings, Arizona vs UMass, 0-0 through 13, Arizona won (4-2 i believe), some controversy in 14th over a call against UMass, incredible game.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by FPdaddy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:58 pm

I wish my DD's team would play with the intensity they show during ITB's! They are incredible in these situations.
FPdaddy

by Sam » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:36 am

BART.SR wrote:

About 4 years back ( it was 8yr olds ), Chino Hills and Northridge for championship game, if i am not mistaken that game lasted about 13 to 14 innings, with 7 or 8 of those innings in ITB..

If you are going to steal Bart Sr's moniker, you better be good....better than what you just posted.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BART.SR » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 am

Sam wrote:
BART.SR wrote:

If you are going to steal Bart Sr's moniker, you better be good....better than what you just posted.

Hey Sam, I will try my best to fill those shoes... :mrgreen: ..Just for you big guy... :lol:
BART.SR

by coolstuff » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:59 am

DD was involved in 3 full innings of ITB. It was pretty exciting because one team would score and the other would tie it up again. And it was raining. Then the TDs called off the entire tournament because of rain. It was DD's first tournament with a new team she joined in the middle of the season. (Old team folded - long story). After the tournament the coach offered her a permanent spot on the roster through nationals. Turned out to be a very interesting weekend.
coolstuff

by BART.SR » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Spazsdad wrote:"Hey Sam, I will try my best to fill those shoes..."

Aint gonna happen sister

That's Brother....
BART.SR

Return to Fastpitch Discussions