Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

UPDATE!!!!!!!New England Catching Camp in Nashville-UPDATE!!

What's on your mind?

by catchingcoach » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:27 pm

I am updating this post with a tentative date for the clinic. I am looking at September 20th. I am asking all readers of this forum from that area to let me know if there is anything going on in that area that would make this date not a good one?

Original Post Below

Wanted to put out a notice that I have been asked to come down to the Nashville area in September to put on a number of catching clinics on a Saturday.The plans are still being formulated with the facility I will be working with

What I am trying to do at this point is gauge the level of interest in having a day of clinics in this area.

I will be running them all day on Sat and maybe some on Sunday. There will be clinics for Fast pitch of all ages as well as baseball of all ages. Coaches will be invited to attend to watch to learn the techniques we use to teach catching.

If you believe you would have catchers interested please drop me an email coachweaver@catchingcamp.com or respond to this post.

Coach Weaver
Last edited by catchingcoach on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coach Weaver
www.catchingcamp.com
Facebook: New England Catching Camp
Phil 4:13
catchingcoach

by chazbz1 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:33 pm

This is exciting news! My 16U daughter has really benefited from the catcher's instructional video put out by NECC. She's cut a 1/2 second off her throw to second, blocks and receives better than ever. If you are a catcher or have one in the family, make this clinic, you won't regret it! :D
chazbz1

by titansrule » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

If at all possible, I would bring my 14U daughter to your camp in the Nashville area.
titansrule

by frogs_mom_15 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:49 pm

We would also be interested. Maybe I could talk to some of other catchers we know and spread the word.
It's only a little skin, it'll grow back!

Frog gettin' the sign
frogs_mom_15

by catchingcoach » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:56 pm

frogs_mom_15 & titansrule

Thanks for the feedback. If you send me an email at the address coachweaver@catchingcamp.com I can get you on the list so I can alert you to the dates, times and details.

I know for sure it will not be the first weekend, but still working out the rest of the details.

Coach W
Coach Weaver
www.catchingcamp.com
catchingcoach

by chazbz1 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 pm

My daughter's team just came back from their first tournament this past weekend. She got the chance to prove the skills she has been practicing since January from NECC. I was amazed at Mack's throw-downs to second. The pictures attached are in sequence and shows her throw to second. She has never had the ball to second this quickly. Her blocking and fielding are also improved. :D -Chaz
DSCF7833.JPG
DSCF7834.JPG
DSCF7835.JPG
chazbz1

by catchingcoach » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Check the Update at the top on my original post.
Coach Weaver
www.catchingcamp.com
catchingcoach

by FPdaddy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:04 pm

I don't think I'll be teaching that sliding technique anytime soon! The tag isn't much better. That little girl covering the bag is going to get smoked someday.
FPdaddy

Return to Fastpitch Discussions