Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Wow plays

What's on your mind?

by 18'sdad » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 am

DD was pitching a meaningless pool game this weekend against RR Blaze Prizno Time is expiring and they have a runner on 3rd. DD takes a very hard line shot back to the shin. Still has enough presence to pick up the ball check the runner at 3rd and get the out at 1st. Waves off the coach and umpire tells them she is fine. Strikes out the next batter on 3 pitches. Game ends on strike out. She walks off the field sits down and shows me her shin. She had a baseball size lump in the dead center. She looked up at me and smiled and said " when the adrenaline slows down this is really gonna hurt"

I am sure everyone else has stories from the weekend tell me yours...
18'sdad

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:44 pm

Last summer, 12u dd play up in 16u and has a ball hit right back at her shin as well. Same thing, gets the ball and throws runner out at 1st. Big goose egg on the shin, but goes out and pitches the rest of the game, throwing a 1 hitter.

SIGH!!!!
Sftbll4ever

by Gone in 2.6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 am

In 2005, dd was 13 playing on a 14u team. We were playing Minors Gold-Hopkins at
one of those friendlies hosted in some IE hellhole like Winchester or the like. DD came
up to bat late in the game with the bases loaded and they had not been able to get her
out all game. She was just killing them. So here she is, bases loaded, we're down a few runs,
game on the line.

She hit into a triple play.

All I could say was......wow.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by pitchslap » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:20 pm

This happened a few years ago, when DD was playing rec 8u. She was playing first, runners on 1st and third with no outs. Line drive up the first base line that DD had to jump for. She caught it and then landed on the base to get the runner on 1. Without even flinching, she fired the ball to third to get the that runner who was diving back... Triple play!

I, of course, puffed out my chest and said to the umpire "you don't see that often". He replied "It's the second time I've seen it today". :o
pitchslap

by artomatic » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Last Saturday when we were setting up for practice, we couldn't find the bases that we normally use with the posts.
All we could find were some old bases that were missing posts.
So we put those out and told the girls, "Be careful, these bases will slide."
One of my players asked "Why don't we just duct tape them down to the dirt?"

All I could say was "Wow"...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coachmom » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:44 pm

“One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.”
Coachmom

by FPdaddy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:05 pm

12U DD playing second base. Runners on first and second no outs. DD is cheating toward the bag. Hitter lines a shot right to her, out #1. She touches the bag before the runner can get back, out #2. The runner on first stumbles on her way back to first and DD chases her down for a tag, out #3. Unassisted triple play!
FPdaddy

by pitchslap » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 pm

That's a true "Daddy" moment. Wasn't it great?!

That's a true "daddy" moment.quote="FPdaddy"]12U DD playing second base. Runners on first and second no outs. DD is cheating toward the bag. Hitter lines a shot right to her, out #1. She touches the bag before the runner can get back, out #2. The runner on first stumbles on her way back to first and DD chases her down for a tag, out #3. Unassisted triple play![/quote]
pitchslap

by umpinva » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am

Several years ago during a 10U game:

After the batter swung and missed a fastball the OC coach yells to the batter that she needed to bear down and hit the ball. The batter yelled back to the coach that a bear wouldn't help her see the ball any better. As I'm chuckling at her response I grant timeout requested by the on-deck batter who removes her glasses and hands them to the batter saying "See if these will help."

Now that's teamwork!
umpinva

Return to Fastpitch Discussions