Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Looking for Fielding Coach

What's on your mind?

by addiction » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:35 am

we are happy with Mike Stith, check him out at the Sports Training Complex in Anaheim
addiction

by Coachmom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Mike Stith at STC is great.
Very positive training techniques and runs a great facility.
“One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.”
Coachmom

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:11 pm

Can you put Mike's contact info up for us?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Coachmom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 pm

http://www.sportstrainingcomplex.com/

Sports Training Complex

2198 S. Dupont Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Phone: 714-939-6200
Fax: 714-939-6500
“One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.”
Coachmom

by Socalballer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 pm

Nzane wrote:There is no doubt, they are tough. He came out to my team 3 Mondays in a row. My girls loved him. I think it depends on the girl. My Daughter loves Howard and Jessie. He is tough, but he is GREAT at what he does..........

He does not beat around the bush and string you along like other coaches out there for the money...IMO....I agree with Nzane on this...
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Socalballer wrote:
Nzane wrote:There is no doubt, they are tough. He came out to my team 3 Mondays in a row. My girls loved him. I think it depends on the girl. My Daughter loves Howard and Jessie. He is tough, but he is GREAT at what he does..........

He does not beat around the bush and string you along like other coaches out there for the money...IMO....I agree with Nzane on this...

Meaning what? You can (and should, IMO) teach Kobata to 6-year-olds...so obviously a wide variance in skill levels can benefit from the instruction. Where does stringing kids along come into the picture?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Socalballer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Stringing along comes into the picture when some of these coaches take your money, and are not honest about your daughters potential...(taking your money knowingly she is not an infielder etc)..Howard is not one of these....Not to say anything about these other guy's, My kids have never been to them. I'm Sure there are good also...No I would not take a 6yr old to him definetly not....Remeber just my opinion....
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:03 pm

Socalballer wrote:Stringing along comes into the picture when some of these coaches take your money, and are not honest about your daughters potential...(taking your money knowingly she is not an infielder etc)..Howard is not one of these....Not to say anything about these other guy's, My kids have never been to them. I'm Sure there are good also...No I would not take a 6yr old to him definetly not....Remeber just my opinion....

Knowing she's not going to be an infielder where? Firecracker's Gold? Her local middle school team? They must have a lot of specific knowledge about each girl's situation and aspirations to make that determination.

I get that it's hard to conduct group lessons at an elite level if some percentage of your students aren't up to snuff, but that's an issue with what the instructor is trying to do, not what an individual kid is trying to do. There are plenty of polite ways they can inform a kid's parents that she isn't ready for what they offer yet.

In fact the only reason to be hard on a kid is if 1) she does have improvement potential, 2) you are going to continue instructing her, and 3) being hard on her is reasonably calculated to lead to said improvement. Why would anyone give the business to a girl who they are sending down the road anyway?

(btw, other than owning the dvd's, I have no experience with either of them. Just going by what's been said on here.)
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Socalballer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm

I hear and respect your opinion..
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Socalballer wrote:

Thats a load of crap. My daughter had played two years of TB and played on the 10U team that finished 5th at ASA Nationals prior to the spring I took her to Kubota. Are you saying he weeded HER out?

Stupid comment.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions