Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Looking for Fielding Coach

What's on your mind?

by Socalballer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Sam wrote:
Socalballer wrote:
Nzane wrote:There is no doubt, they are tough. He came out to my team 3 Mondays in a row. My girls loved him. I think it depends on the girl. My Daughter loves Howard and Jessie. He is tough, but he is GREAT at what he does..........

He does not beat around the bush and string you along like other coaches out there for the money...IMO....I agree with Nzane on this...

Thats a load of crap. My daughter had played two years of TB and played on the 10U team that finished 5th at ASA Nationals prior to the spring I took her to Kubota. Are you saying he weeded HER out?

Stupid comment.

Are you still scared from your experience..? Get over it, if it didn't work for you, then to each is own..Stupid comment, uncalled for!
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Howard charges $15 per girl when he comes out to your team. It's 2 hours, but he will stay longer, if you let him, lol! He does these team clinics all across the United States. Some girls cant handle it, some girls love it. Sorry your Daughter had a bad experience. I know they will send girls to the stands if they are not paying attention. There are balls flying everywhere, and it can be dangerous. Niether one of them pull punches, and they are VERY hard on the girls(not any harder or harsher than alot of 14u Coaches I see), and if your Daughter gets her feelings hurt easily, I would sugest you dont go. But, again, it is the BEST money I spend on softball.............
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sam » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Are you still scared from your experience..? Get over it, if it didn't work for you, then to each is own..Stupid comment, uncalled for![/quote]

Your comment regarding "weeding out" players was stupid. You have no idea why this POS does what he does. Yet, you feel compelled to put forth an opinion based upon absolutely nothing.

I, on the other hand, feel compelled to warn parents about sending their kids to be coach by an ASSissant who likes to intimidate and demean little girls, whose only crime is spending their parents' hard earned money attempting to get better at the game they love.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Nzane wrote:Howard charges $15 per girl when he comes out to your team. It's 2 hours, but he will stay longer, if you let him, lol! He does these team clinics all across the United States. Some girls cant handle it, some girls love it. Sorry your Daughter had a bad experience. I know they will send girls to the stands if they are not paying attention. There are balls flying everywhere, and it can be dangerous. Niether one of them pull punches, and they are VERY hard on the girls(not any harder or harsher than alot of 14u Coaches I see), and if your Daughter gets her feelings hurt easily, I would sugest you dont go. But, again, it is the BEST money I spend on softball.............

Its not the coaching style that improves the players that use Kubota. Its the technique he teaches. There is no reason to bully and intimidate little girls....just because you can....and because most softball people won't dare criticize your actions for questioning the Defensive God. It doesn't have anything to do with getting your feelings hurt easily, nor does it have to do with paying attention...I watched the workout.....he did it to be mean....because he could. If you are OK with having a stranger verbally abuse your 11 year old, knock yourself out. Otherwise, buy the video....Jessie isn't on it.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 pm

I've seen him single girls out, telling them they are doing it "all wrong". But, I have never seen him verbally abuse anyone. They are both tough. It's obviously not for you. But, we love him.......
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by TravelBallDad » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Go With Mike Stith at STC in Anaheim - you will get the expert training you are looking for without any of the other crap that is flying around here. What you want for your young player is a coach that teaches the mechanics of the game, with consistency, pushes each individual to their own personal limits, not that of the group. He always remains very positive, asks questions that provoke players to think, rather than bark orders for them to follow. His track record also speaks for itself, ask Monica Harrison and the others that preceeded her ... there are also some others that do 1 on 1 training at different locations that I can refer you to if for whatever reason this one doesnt work out for any reason.

Remember everyone, there are a lot of good coaches out there, they all have different styles and personalities, as the parent you job is to try them until you find the one that works for YOUR daughter, as this is where she will respond and learn the most. The question is always; "Is this one better than .. " or "Well, who is the best?" The answer is, the one that works best for your situation, period.
TravelBallDad

by Nzane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 pm

TravelBallDad wrote:Go With Mike Stith at STC in Anaheim - you will get the expert training you are looking for without any of the other crap that is flying around here. What you want for your young player is a coach that teaches the mechanics of the game, with consistency, pushes each individual to their own personal limits, not that of the group. He always remains very positive, asks questions that provoke players to think, rather than bark orders for them to follow. His track record also speaks for itself, ask Monica Harrison and the others that preceeded her ... there are also some others that do 1 on 1 training at different locations that I can refer you to if for whatever reason this one doesnt work out for any reason.

Remember everyone, there are a lot of good coaches out there, they all have different styles and personalities, as the parent you job is to try them until you find the one that works for YOUR daughter, as this is where she will respond and learn the most. The question is always; "Is this one better than .. " or "Well, who is the best?" The answer is, the one that works best for your situation, period.

Exactly. Howard is NOT the only fielding Coach out there. Niether is Mike Stith. Use the one that works for your Daughter.........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Socalballer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Sam wrote:Are you still scared from your experience..? Get over it, if it didn't work for you, then to each is own..Stupid comment, uncalled for!

Your comment regarding "weeding out" players was stupid. You have no idea why this POS does what he does. Yet, you feel compelled to put forth an opinion based upon absolutely nothing.

I, on the other hand, feel compelled to warn parents about sending their kids to be coach by an ASSissant who likes to intimidate and demean little girls, whose only crime is spending their parents' hard earned money attempting to get better at the game they love.[/quote]

My opinion is not based on absolutely nothing, my kids like this Defensive God, so I am just giving my own personal experience's with him....Since I have joined this site it seems that all you have to say or do is critisize people on this board, with your lame opinions that are not even constuctive at least...I cant say how he was 3 to 4 yr's ago but as of 2007-2008 I can speak on..My opinion once again...
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:46 am

Socalballer wrote:
Sam wrote:Are you still scared from your experience..? Get over it, if it didn't work for you, then to each is own..Stupid comment, uncalled for!

I, on the other hand, feel compelled to warn parents about sending their kids to be coach by an ASSissant who likes to intimidate and demean little girls, whose only crime is spending their parents' hard earned money attempting to get better at the game they love.

My opinion is not based on absolutely nothing, my kids like this Defensive God, so I am just giving my own personal experience's with him....Since I have joined this site it seems that all you have to say or do is critisize people on this board, with your lame opinions that are not even constuctive at least...I cant say how he was 3 to 4 yr's ago but as of 2007-2008 I can speak on..My opinion once again...[/quote]

My "lame" point, SCB, is that you offered an opinion regarding weeding out weak players, when you have no idea what or why he is doing what he does. Lots of people happen to like different instructors that have sordid practices and personalities....My cross to bear is that I call Phil Bruder a friend....lots of people don't like him...many for good reasons....but I wouldn't dare to tell someone that Phil would insult a player to weed her out....because I couldn't pretend to tell anybody why Phil does what he does. Thats the point.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Socalballer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 am

I hear your point Sam, I was just stating my Kids personal experience with this man and that's it.
I hear you about Phil Bruder we all hear things about people but it is up to us as adults to find out what is best for our kids...I know that you have been around this game of Fastpitch and I respect that! :mrgreen:
Socalballer
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions