Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Can we vote on whether JoeBad is allowed in here?

What's on your mind?

by jofus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Lannie, if I might ask, where on the east coast are you? Just asking since you refer to "coalfields" women :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by noclu13 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 pm

I don't post much on any of the sites in which I have membership but I am a frequent reader. I also vote no on joebad even though his personal pictures are highly entertaining. Most of the time he talks to himself and he destroys every thread in which he participates. If I wanted to hear "he said, she said, they said, you're blind, you're stupid" I would play back old videos of my kids and their friends from when they were 3.
noclu13

by Lannie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 pm

jofus,
Im from SW Virginia.

Hey NumeroUno,
Where am I at on the laugh meter?
Lannie

by NumeroUno » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Lannie wrote:jofus,
Im from SW Virginia.

Hey NumeroUno,
Where am I at on the laugh meter?

8.5 and I am looking for a 10 :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jofus » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Ah, pretty close to me. I'm in southern West Virginia (actually southeastern, not true southern, which is the "coalfields").

My DD's travel team from last year is disbanded for at least the high school season, since almost all of her teammates are playing high school ball, and we're gonna have to replace a few from last year to even field a team for the summer, so I've been trying to look around the area to see if there are any other options nearby. I'm afraid the team won't even get going again, although the main coach (who I tried to help some last year) told me "we're definitely going to do "something" after their season). One of his favorite girls is too old to play 14U this year, so I'm afraid he will try to move up to 16U, and my DD is a 12 year old this year (turns 13 in Feb, '95 birthday), so she doesn't really want to play 16U (although I think she would do OK, if not great, with that jump).

I talked to a couple dads/coaches at the UVA softball camp a few weeks ago that really talked up the softball nation organization, but it seems to be pretty much Richmond and east, which is a little too far for us. It looks like there are some teams in the Roanoke area, but that's a little over 2 hours away, which would make it hard for us to think about while school is going on.

I was just mainly interested since most softball stuff you see online is from people in california and to a lesser degree Texas, it seems.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Lannie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:04 pm

ok NumeroUno, I will come up wth something. I just got back from officiating a high school basketball game. Im sure that I can come up with something to peg the laugh o meter.
Lannie

by Lannie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Jofus,
How far are you from Bristol Va? My DD is changing teams this summer. The organization is called the Pink Panthers. Its a new organization and from what I have seen, I am looking forward to it.. They have teams starting at 10U thru 18U. I do know for a fact that one girl from Tazewell,Va. is playing on the 16U's. If you are interested let me know. Im one of the 16U coaches and I am close friends with the 14U coach and they are always on the look out for top players.
If you are interested in a team around Roanoke. I have a few connections there as well. My DD goes to pitching lesson in Roanoke 2 times a month. So I know about the 2 hour drive. There isnt much to chose from team wise in this area. So sometimes you gotta make the drive. Last year she was on a 14U team out of Asheville NC., 2 hour drive there for practice. It did pay off though. Her team won the 14U USFA Class A Nationals and we got to play a lot in SC, NC, TN, FLA and Georgia. I really got an education in what it takes to make a real ball player.
Lannie

by ManitouDan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:17 am

I vote NO for both of them -- Eteamz was a good site until about 2 years when guys like them took over. MD
ManitouDan

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm

ManitouDan wrote:I vote NO for both of them -- Eteamz was a good site until about 2 years when guys like them took over. MD

MD their will be no bad language ( E-teamz) allowed on this board, first warning. :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:36 pm

"MD their will be no bad language ( E-teamz) allowed on this board, first warning."

I strongly believe MD's post should be deleted. I find it extremely offensive. If it isn't I will have no other choice but to sue HeyBucket.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions