Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Is Heybucket shooting themselves in the foot

What's on your mind?

by sdiamond » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 pm

New layout hard to see and if you want to search for a team or a friendly one has to have a premium membership. Is this good for heybucket or bad? It has grown immensly and TB probably cant exist without it ...
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Understand theres cost behind keeping website running.
That being said if teams clinics tournaments are using the website to promote themselves I can understand charging them for that marketing. But then should you charge the customers using the resource?
I guess yes because they are on the website using its resource.
Kinda pondering that since
its still free to look at other stuff.

Its a small fee, charge all for access to entire website?

*like Blue!
crankshaft

by NumeroUno » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:44 am

sdiamond wrote:New layout hard to see and if you want to search for a team or a friendly one has to have a premium membership. Is this good for heybucket or bad? It has grown immensly and TB probably cant exist without it ...

Thanks for your input. We went years of losing money and the site has grown so much and with growth more expenses.

Is it the color blue that you don’t like ?
Will you get used to it or is it really hard to see?
Let me know :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 am

Ok i saw where there were things hard to see so i went red. Sorry i know u liked the blue but someone else is this thread was a blue hater. Lol
premium.html
NumeroUno

by sdiamond » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 pm

Numero Uno

I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you all put in to keep this site up and running. If not for you all and the hard work Travel Ball wouldnt be the same here in So Cal. People sometimes dont appreciate or realize what they have until they lose it. Happy New Year and Thank you again for all the hard work
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:07 pm

sdiamond wrote:Numero Uno

I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you all put in to keep this site up and running. If not for you all and the hard work Travel Ball wouldnt be the same here in So Cal. People sometimes dont appreciate or realize what they have until they lose it. Happy New Year and Thank you again for all the hard work

:D :D :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Schmick » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:40 pm

I would allow people to read the announcements page for free but require a paid membership to post in the announcements section.

Most people I know, including me, didn t even register here and came to find out about tryouts for years.
Between sponsors and the teams paying to post their announcements the board should make enough stay in the black. Forcing people, many new to travel ball, to pay to even see where tryouts are and who is holding them may cost the board the majority of its traffic.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 am

Schmick wrote:I would allow people to read the announcements page for free but require a paid membership to post in the announcements section.

Most people I know, including me, didn t even register here and came to find out about tryouts for years.
Between sponsors and the teams paying to post their announcements the board should make enough stay in the black. Forcing people, many new to travel ball, to pay to even see where tryouts are and who is holding them may cost the board the majority of its traffic.

Once my girls finished college i took some time off away from softball sort of dropped the ball you could say. The majority of those sponsor logos don’t pay. Some are friends and some just don’t pay. Some companies I just swap logos with, mine goes on there site there logo goes on my site. I have deleted about 10 who haven’t paid in years this past week, some were paying a little bit of money. At one point I was working all day and then working every night on heybucket? I didn’t mind working for free for years I was just doing it because I love the sport. The bigger HB got the more expensive it was to run. Biggest site in the country by far. So to help pay the bills a dollar a month seemed very reasonable. Maybe not :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Hey17 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 am

You all provide a service, and I have no problem paying a few bucks for it.
Hey17
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 am

Hey17 wrote:You all provide a service, and I have no problem paying a few bucks for it.

Thank you for the support, you have always been a good parent. Bahahaha. Just kidding

Glad you enjoy it. :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions