Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Is Heybucket shooting themselves in the foot

What's on your mind?

by crankshaft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:29 am

jessicaC wrote:
corleone wrote:I'd like to put out a suggestion if I may (and no offense meant by this)

Why not make the classifieds paid to post only?

Disallowing the public to read the tryout postings, is only doing your paid customers a disservice, nobody can see their postings unless they also pay.

You want eyes to see the listings, this is a big mistake IMO.

Please reconsider.

This was exactly my point too. By only allowing paid members to see the classified ads / tryouts etc. Heybucket just lowered the value of the paid subscriptions. Less people will now see them. This seems nonsensical to me.

Agree!
What if you could see there
are ads posted. See the
head-line of their post.
Then if you wanted to read what was inside the post have membership?
Also kinda think if anyone wants to post anything anywhere they should have to pay. Pay to use the resource makes sense.
crankshaft

by jonriv » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am

I think numero uno( who is number one in my book :D ) has failed to realize that his “product” is not this great website, the product is everyone that views the site and are potential customers to those that advertise. From what I can glean the demographics of the members of this site are a sweet spot for both softball and non softball advertisers. That’s the income potential imo
jonriv

by crankshaft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am

jonriv wrote:I think numero uno( who is number one in my book :D ) has failed to realize that his “product” is not this great website, the product is everyone that views the site and are potential customers to those that advertise. From what I can glean the demographics of the members of this site are a sweet spot for both softball and non softball advertisers. That’s the income potential imo

Agree
The product is what people post.
Browsing is free...and seems like it's the most traffic.
Why not more marketing with all the traffic from it?
crankshaft

by DaisyBeechcroft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 am

I have been watching this site for years. I never registered and never posted. Milking the system. Came on last week and saw that I now had to pay to see everything. I thought to myself it’s about time they start charging something for this site. They should charge just to see the site to keep the lookie loos like me from snooping. Anyway people quit being so cheap it’s $12 a year. Pay the $12 quit your crying and post something constructive so people like me can read it.
DaisyBeechcroft
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am

I never did this as a business I did it because it was good for the sport. The first few years cost me thousands out of my pocket. This isn’t my job I own a small heating and cooling company and work long hours and every chance i get durning the day, at lunch and after work i work on heybucket. You see all those ads n logos on the site, majority don’t pay, I’m taking a lot down already. I dint have time to chase advertisers. Anyway I need to go climb in an attic
Talk soon.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by crankshaft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Wooaahhaaaa
Majority of those ads
& logo's dont pay,
$ Cha Ching
crankshaft

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 pm

crankshaft wrote:Wooaahhaaaa
Majority of those ads
& logo's dont pay,
$ Cha Ching

Yes majority don’t pay. A few of them i put my logo on their site so we swap.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Its a useful forum and worth a few bucks, to those of us who use it..... Everybody will eventually buy in its a matter of time
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 pm

I think it is fine. Very good price for the amount of time I spend on here. Now I just need to update my card. ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Ok but who’s going to win tonight
Bama or Clemson :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions