Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Any Advice

What's on your mind?

by eddiez577 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 am

Spazsdad wrote:Looks like 40s

And another HB thread goes off the rails, but in a good way

I went water fording on the 210 this morning on my way to work.
Yes, in LA, 2" of rain on the freeway counts as water fording :lol:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 am

That’s off the trail not rail :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by McGee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 am

Always focus on fun and success and enjoy your kids path in all endeavors.
I am thrilled to learn one on mine is going to coach a 10U team this year. The more girls that return to the game and give back the better!
McGee

by Sam » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:34 pm

37’s
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mellow Dad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

My first post. I've been a reader for years. I finally paid for the premium membership out of respect for those that run this site, which, I have used for seven years of travel ball try outs. Thank you.

I coached rec and then a few years of travel. I was hard on my daughter. She was thick skinned, but looking back, I was the jerk. I think it was around 12U Travel when I read the best advise I could have found. It saved my relationship with my daughter and probably helped avoid burn out. I found it in a monthly Newsletter by Mike Candrea.

"The only two things that you say to your daughter when driving home after a game. I'm proud of you. Where do you want to go eat? " I have literally bit my tongue until bleeding. But, I did it. I took that advise and still use it today.

That has stayed with me for eight years. Now, I'm the mellow guy that talks others off the ledge. Instead of pacing behind the stands and talking trash about the coaching, I sit with my wife every game. The more parents that sit together in the stands, the more chemistry will develop on the team. Every girl out there is trying her best. What more could we want? My kid is going to play for an NAIA school next year. Perfect for her and she is excited. I am thoroughly proud and my softball cup is full.

Be her biggest fan. Have her back no matter what, even when she goes 0-fer, or juggles a ball at SS. It's okay.
Mellow Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:56 pm

So I guess the time I made her ride home on the roof rack after a bad game wasn't a good idea?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Battle wrote:So I guess the time I made her ride home on the roof rack after a bad game wasn't a good idea?

At least you gave her a ride and did not make her walk home
jonriv

by eclipse09 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:01 am

Mellow Dad wrote:My first post. I've been a reader for years. I finally paid for the premium membership out of respect for those that run this site, which, I have used for seven years of travel ball try outs. Thank you.

I coached rec and then a few years of travel. I was hard on my daughter. She was thick skinned, but looking back, I was the jerk. I think it was around 12U Travel when I read the best advise I could have found. It saved my relationship with my daughter and probably helped avoid burn out. I found it in a monthly Newsletter by Mike Candrea.

"The only two things that you say to your daughter when driving home after a game. I'm proud of you. Where do you want to go eat? " I have literally bit my tongue until bleeding. But, I did it. I took that advise and still use it today.

That has stayed with me for eight years. Now, I'm the mellow guy that talks others off the ledge. Instead of pacing behind the stands and talking trash about the coaching, I sit with my wife every game. The more parents that sit together in the stands, the more chemistry will develop on the team. Every girl out there is trying her best. What more could we want? My kid is going to play for an NAIA school next year. Perfect for her and she is excited. I am thoroughly proud and my softball cup is full.

Be her biggest fan. Have her back no matter what, even when she goes 0-fer, or juggles a ball at SS. It's okay.

Great post top to bottom!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions