Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Putting in the individual training time.

What's on your mind?

by cwcivicgrl » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 am

Get back on the original posters topic already, this is starting to turn into a battle and getting way off topic from the original post. Everyone's free to do their own research on catching coaches in their own area, I already told you the top catching coaches in our area and I'll just leave it at that. My comment on living under a rock was a little snotty, my apologies on that.

You will quickly find unlike some of you I do not pretend to know it all and I merely just state facts and what I've witnessed, but I am not at everyone else's practice, or in your gyms, or at your lessons. My view is not the only view and nor is yours.

Softball is an expensive sport as well as will monopolize all of your time but I love it and my kid loves it so I'm willing to make the sacrifices, Quite a few times people have mentioned to me that they were missing things for vacation, my expression was :shock: :lol: whats a vacation?? My vacations ever since softball consist of going out of town for a tournament and making the best of our off the field time, vacation HAHAHA.

My daughter is also a catcher however it is not her primary position and I find it hard for her to do too much work on her own at home. She has weekly fielding lesson, private hitting lesson, private catching lesson, group hitting lesson, cage time with her team, she does speed and agility 2-3 times a week sometimes 4 if a lesson is cancelled, 4-6 hour practice on Saturday & Sunday when the teams not playing games, typically Sunday is Friendlies where we play 4 games, that's a lot before you incorporate all her homework she has to get done and chores. Once she gets home from softball its shower, a little free time to unwind, and then bedtime. I do find Speed & Agility to be the most important as it strengths my kid in every area, hitting, fielding, catching. I'd love to hear everyone else's schedule and how it works for them.

Too much battle royale on some of these posts not enough information and education being passed down. I mean that's why I'm here I don't know about everyone else.
cwcivicgrl
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

cwcivicgrl wrote:Get back on the original posters topic already, this is starting to turn into a battle and getting way off topic from the original post. Everyone's free to do their own research on catching coaches in their own area, I already told you the top catching coaches in our area and I'll just leave it at that. My comment on living under a rock was a little snotty, my apologies on that.

You will quickly find unlike some of you I do not pretend to know it all and I merely just state facts and what I've witnessed, but I am not at everyone else's practice, or in your gyms, or at your lessons. My view is not the only view and nor is yours.

Softball is an expensive sport as well as will monopolize all of your time but I love it and my kid loves it so I'm willing to make the sacrifices, Quite a few times people have mentioned to me that they were missing things for vacation, my expression was :shock: :lol: whats a vacation?? My vacations ever since softball consist of going out of town for a tournament and making the best of our off the field time, vacation HAHAHA.

My daughter is also a catcher however it is not her primary position and I find it hard for her to do too much work on her own at home. She has weekly fielding lesson, private hitting lesson, private catching lesson, group hitting lesson, cage time with her team, she does speed and agility 2-3 times a week sometimes 4 if a lesson is cancelled, 4-6 hour practice on Saturday & Sunday when the teams not playing games, typically Sunday is Friendlies where we play 4 games, that's a lot before you incorporate all her homework she has to get done and chores. Once she gets home from softball its shower, a little free time to unwind, and then bedtime. I do find Speed & Agility to be the most important as it strengths my kid in every area, hitting, fielding, catching. I'd love to hear everyone else's schedule and how it works for them.

Too much battle royale on some of these posts not enough information and education being passed down. I mean that's why I'm here I don't know about everyone else.

In my opinion, getting off topic getting off topic a little keeps things interesting ... I'm certainly an offender ... AND, since the middle of your post veered towards that camp, welcome to the club! There are many on here who have been right where you are now and some that will tell you where to go ... on vacation that is :mrgreen:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions