Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Putting in the individual training time.

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:34 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:Don't all the catchers work out with Jen Schro? Every team my dd has been on, all the catchers are "Schro-ettes", the only time they werent Jen decipals they were Campbell Catchers.
Probably why all the catchers know each other, they all go to one of the 2 coaches that coach the position, in So Cal, every week

Nope ... On the East Coast most would not even know who she is ... In addition, it is very rare to have athletes going to anything but a pitching coach ... If there is a clinic held, they may attend that.

Nobody cares about the least coast.

In So Cal, all the catchers know each other because they go to one of the 2 or 3 coaches in So Cal that specialize in catchers.
From about 12u on, every tryout, workout, showcase, tournament or friendly all the catchers know each other.
Probably a hundred pitching coaches and the same for hitting but for catching they all go to the same few coaches
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 am

Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:Don't all the catchers work out with Jen Schro? Every team my dd has been on, all the catchers are "Schro-ettes", the only time they werent Jen decipals they were Campbell Catchers.
Probably why all the catchers know each other, they all go to one of the 2 coaches that coach the position, in So Cal, every week

Nope ... On the East Coast most would not even know who she is ... In addition, it is very rare to have athletes going to anything but a pitching coach ... If there is a clinic held, they may attend that.

In So Cal, all the catchers know each other because they go to one of the 2 or 3 coaches in So Cal that specialize in catchers.
From about 12u on, every tryout, workout, showcase, tournament or friendly all the catchers know each other.
Probably a hundred pitching coaches and the same for hitting but for catching they all go to the same few coaches

Just more of your inane babble ... What a dip schmick
Last edited by GIMNEPIWO on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by jonriv » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

Just more of your inane statements ... What a dip schmick

here, here
jonriv

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 am

ZAP
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:33 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

So you're saying that all of the catchers in So Cal don't know each other because they all go to Jen or Mark?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:17 pm

No, he’s talking about your stupid east coast comment moron!
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Schmick wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:

So you're saying that all of the catchers in So Cal don't know each other because they all go to Jen or Mark?

I’m not sure if you drink before u post or your just a everyday moron but I’m sick of listening to your babbler.
I guess I’m not the only one either 6 complaints about you after a 11 hour day. Go to another site ur have burnt ur welcome out here
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by cwcivicgrl » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

ggggh
Last edited by cwcivicgrl on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
cwcivicgrl
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 am

cwcivicgrl wrote:All catchers do not work with Jen Schro…...catchers also work a lot with Mark Campbell (Sports Training Complex). I'm seeing a lot of Jen Schroeder catchers moving to Mark Campbell (they are both great coaches its a personal preference). For the person who said East cost would not know these coaches unless you live under a rock you should know these csoache, Jen Schroeder works in the same gym as a lot of the girls who run the clinics at The Package Deal which is in the East Coast all the time. Mark Campbell has a few PGF Championship Titles, several Empire League Championship Titles, a few ASA National Titles, and a CIF Title. My daughters travel team 14u does practice with all of our catchers at EVERY practice. Speed and Agility is very important it will improve the catchers to have stronger muscles.

Under this rock, it is a matter of availability and money ... I did not say the east coast would not know who she was, I said most catchers would not know who she was ... Lessons and retreats being held in So Cal, these coaches are not household names on the East Coast like they are in your area ... If a clinic is held on the East Coast, it would be attended for sure ... But it would be uncommon and costly for people to fly 2500 miles ... It is my experience that says the majority of people will not drive more than 1-2 hours for a lesson and not drive more than 4-5 hours to a weekend clinic. Coaches and Parents are less likely to tell their athlete about clinics that are not available to them then they are likely to tell them about clinics that are available ... It is a select few whose parents will fly or drive several states for a weekend clinic ... Select few does not equal most ... Taking all that into consideration, most catchers would not know who JenShro is.

As far as your 14U team working with all the catchers at every practice, that's great ... As I opined earlier, historically catchers get the least amount of attention and deserve so much more.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 am

There are a selection of different instructors and catching workouts available in SoCal. & in other states.
Surely not everyone knows
everybody's names.

Different mechanics and philosophies to consider.

I teach catchers to field and recover dirt pitches to transition directly into their throw.
"Field & Fire"
zero downtime...
Faster pop times!!!

Enjoy whatever mechanics
you choose!
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions