Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Tourney winner conundrum

What's on your mind?

by Agc9907 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Ok so this past weekend my 12u team played in a double elim tournament...won our first bracket game and lost our second, the team we played that beat us also had one win one loss...the other team still in it was the top seed, my team was 3rd and the other was 2nd....anyway we still had more games to play because of the double elim but......the top seed team packed up and left leaving only 3 players and 2 coaches 10 mins into the game I ref above that we lost...anyway....when our game finished 65 mins after the top seed kids left, the tourney was called due to incoming weather....keep in mind the top seed team packed up and left an hour before the tourney was called stating they would forfeit their upcoming game anyway.....in the end the top seed team still received 1st place and us third...I don’t agreee with that at all..am I wrong? Also let me add...I’m not just irritated Because we didn’t place second and get a trophy I’m more irritated that team that beat us in that last game wasn’t awarded first place because the other team had left
Agc9907

by PairOfAces » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Agc9907 wrote:Ok so this past weekend my 12u team played in a double elim tournament...won our first bracket game and lost our second, the team we played that beat us also had one win one loss...the other team still in it was the top seed, my team was 3rd and the other was 2nd....anyway we still had more games to play because of the double elim but......the top seed team packed up and left leaving only 3 players and 2 coaches 10 mins into the game I ref above that we lost...anyway....when our game finished 65 mins after the top seed kids left, the tourney was called due to incoming weather....keep in mind the top seed team packed up and left an hour before the tourney was called stating they would forfeit their upcoming game anyway.....in the end the top seed team still received 1st place and us third...I don’t agreee with that at all..am I wrong? Also let me add...I’m not just irritated Because we didn’t place second and get a trophy I’m more irritated that team that beat us in that last game wasn’t awarded first place because the other team had left

I agree that the team that left should not have gotten anything. The team that beat you 1st and your team 2nd.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm

It was double elimination but was it like a PGF qualifier or was their pool play to seed the teams in the brackets?
How many teams were there?
How many pools were there?

If bracket play was canceled due to weather, could they have just gone off of pool play results to determine the champion?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions