Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

LAY OFF THE RISE!!!!!

What's on your mind?

by Chin Music » Thu May 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Turbo your old school like me. The drop was a more prevalent pitch back in the day imo. It was my go to! Most elite pitchers these days imo ride more with the rise. The change up has definitely gained ground in recent years as offensive numbers have gone up with composite bats and hard balls.
Turbo is it just me or are slappers with predominantly short game on the decrease these days? Most College games I’ve seen in the last 5 years or so it’s power slapping to all fields or bunting. Back in the day slappers would pound that drop in the ground and beat it out!
With umps staring at feet these days it’s not so easy for a slapper to stay in the box on a change up from someone that throws hard. And yes Spaz on 3-2 that change can make a lot of slappers and hitters look silly!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Thu May 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Small ball = Short game
Still works!
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Sat May 04, 2019 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Drop ball low and in, or rise ball up and in, most slappers cant do too much with that. @ Chin the dipper isnt gone its just not that prevalent in the female game, (why I still don't know) but its my go to pitch 80% of the time when I throw. I think for most guys its their go too, well that and my low riser. There is a guy I face all the time Eddie Mendez hell of a slapper scares the hell out of me every-time I face him. His dad played you probably faced him at sometime or another Chin, when he is slapping low and in or tight low riser is the only thing that keeps him from making good contact.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat May 04, 2019 9:49 am

Spazsdad wrote:Most recent NC a team won that I coached the pitcher threw nothing but drop in and drop away. Occasional CU. You don’t need eleventeen pitches like most parents tell you their kids can through.

Amen....You are lucky to have 3 pitches that you can locate at any given time with any count.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by curveballerguy124 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm

AGREED!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions