When did this place turn in to

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:36 pm

fight....fight....fight!!!!!
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Discussion and debate only becomes a fight when one side tries to silence the other....
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Prejudice is not the answer,
Fair play is.
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:15 pm

If anyone follows MMA there was a transgender man that went full OP went by Fallon Fox only had a few fights. Dont remember all the details but she beat a female opponent so bad that she actually fractured the fighters skull. Joe Rogan talked about it on his pod cast, several times. He may have had his junk taken off added boobs and lowered his testosterone but couldn't do anything about his bone density. Rogan played a interview of one of his female opponents and she said, "she had never faced a female fighter that punched that hard".....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

It doesn't matter is a guy lowers his testosterone through hormone therapy, the skeleton is still male.
A males skeleton is superior to a females skeleton for physical activity. Not just bone density, and the ligament and muscle structure that supports it but the shape of the pelvic and hips.
Anyone remember the collegiate softball player several years ago who hit a home run and then blew her knee out jogging around the bases? That ever happen to a male player? Or all of the female basketball players who tear the ligaments in their knees with no contact
The MMA fighter was a man and had man hands and man bone structure and Rogan has pointed out several times how that guy smashed women like domestic abuse.

Women's sports have come a long way in the last 30 years and it's incredible to see that people who championed the growth of women's sports are the same ones championing the vehicle of its demise.
If Rachel Garcia was born Ray Garcia and he was 9-0 in the play offs vs women, how many ladies watch the WCWS? Or what if Shay Knighton was born Shane Knighton and he hit the game tying HR with 2 outs in the top of the 7th inning off of a girl.

People who are dressing up and pretending to be the wrong gender have to give up a lot of things, sports is just going to have to be another of those things.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Schmick wrote:Genitals and genitals alone determine gender, that's why it's called gender.

Schmick wrote:Genitals and genitals alone determine gender, that's why it's called gender.

That's simply not true. It's a complicated distinction based on a number of criteria, most of which there is plenty of clear scientific evidence of biological variance. Hierarchy rom top:

1. Chromosome: XX and XY are typical, but there are also cases of lone X, XXY, XYY, XXX, XXYY, and XX/XY mosaic.
2. Gonads: Some individuals are born with gonads that have characteristics of ova and testes.
3. Hormones: There are wide variations in circulating estrogen and testosterone levels in men and women.
4. Genitals: Some people are born with intersex genitals that don't clearly identify them as male or female.
5. Secondary sex characteristics.
6. Gender identity.
7. Gender expression.

I'm not arguing one way or another, just pointing out that with 1-4 (and probably 5) there are clear cases of biological variance that was not chosen by the individual. I have no insight into what, if any, biological basis there could be for cases where 1-5 check one box and 6,7 check another.

As far as sports participation goes, testosterone and the secondary characteristics it confers does provide an advantage. The NCAA and NFHS should proceed with caution on this issue. Unfortunately, the ultimate outcome of this won't probably be settled with common sense, it will be settled by lawyers.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:52 am

1. Chromosome: XX and XY are typical.

So can we at least agree that in typical identifications be based on the XX or XY? When that 1 in 25000 case comes up it would be reviewed by some highly educated board to determine the person's gender and where they can play. Let's not screw up female sports over an anomaly.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:15 pm

jtat32 wrote:

That's simply not true. It's a complicated distinction based on a number of criteria, most of which there is plenty of clear scientific evidence of biological variance. Hierarchy rom top:

1. Chromosome: XX and XY are typical, but there are also cases of lone X, XXY, XYY, XXX, XXYY, and XX/XY mosaic.
2. Gonads: Some individuals are born with gonads that have characteristics of ova and testes.
3. Hormones: There are wide variations in circulating estrogen and testosterone levels in men and women.
4. Genitals: Some people are born with intersex genitals that don't clearly identify them as male or female.
5. Secondary sex characteristics.
6. Gender identity.
7. Gender expression.

I'm not arguing one way or another, just pointing out that with 1-4 (and probably 5) there are clear cases of biological variance that was not chosen by the individual. I have no insight into what, if any, biological basis there could be for cases where 1-5 check one box and 6,7 check another.

As far as sports participation goes, testosterone and the secondary characteristics it confers does provide an advantage. The NCAA and NFHS should proceed with caution on this issue. Unfortunately, the ultimate outcome of this won't probably be settled with common sense, it will be settled by lawyers.

While 1,2 and 4 are medical oddities, 5 and 6 are crap. No reason to placate insanity.

Let me ask you this.... If you're willing to accept that a male can identify as a female are you also willing to accept that a 30 year old man was really a 13 year old boy? You would have to, right? And would you allow that 30 year old who identified as a 13 year old date your 13 year old daughter?

If the answer is no, and we know it is no, then you can't argue that a dude is a chick. 13 year old and 30 year old males are more similar to each other than men and women of the same age.

Stop with this nonsense, stop enabling mental illness and leave the genders alone. When the rare hermaphrodite comes along, there's not much chance it wants to play sports anyway
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:07 pm

I made no statement on what I accept and what I don't accept. Stop being so hormonal.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm

jtat32 wrote:I made no statement on what I accept and what I don't accept. Stop being so hormonal.

Schmick cant help it. Hasnt fully transitioned yet and cant get the dosage correct.
ontheblack

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions