Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Parents missing the BIG PICTURE

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:12 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Schmick wrote:Ok, so "you suck" is bad.....? How about, "who do you think you are, Roman Polanski, stop trying to screw 13 year old girls" also asking them if they're a Catholic priest or R Kelly works along the same premise. My favorite has always been the old tried and true "that's a fa66ot call" or "::male chicken::sucker call" or asking the ump to get off his knees cause he's blowing the game or if the state allows him to be that close to children because he obviously enjoys screwing them.

The blue crews are getting worse and worse, older and fatter, the best thing you can hope for when one is screwing over your team is to get him so angry he strokes out right there on the dirt and you can watch him die

So for a guy that regularly complains about the site do you really feel this type of post is what is lacking here?
You’re an asshat

Clearly sarcasm isn't something you have a grasp of but with a screen name that is essentially "retards dad" it should probably be expected
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:30 am

He reminds me of one of the old trolls back in the early HB days/ Eteamz

Sitting in front of his computer screen in a wife beater n bvds over drinking n looking for attention.

Please tell me his just a troll looking for attention n not really coaching or raising a kid

Lol. Can you smell the corn field Johnny
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by 110% » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 am

Schmick wrote:
Ok, so "you suck" is bad.....? How about, "who do you think you are, Roman Polanski, stop trying to screw 13 year old girls" also asking them if they're a Catholic priest or R Kelly works along the same premise. My favorite has always been the old tried and true "that's a fa66ot call" or "::male chicken::sucker call" or asking the ump to get off his knees cause he's blowing the game or if the state allows him to be that close to children because he obviously enjoys screwing them.

The blue crews are getting worse and worse, older and fatter, the best thing you can hope for when one is screwing over your team is to get him so angry he strokes out right there on the dirt and you can watch him die

Comedy Club called, you've been banned.. It's too bad HB doesn't ban you too..
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 am

This just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0IS9_XlwE

This was at baseball game for 7 year olds. Apparently, it started when parents from one of the teams got upset at the 13 year old umpire.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:05 pm

I’ve always told my daughters when they say “ Dad that called 3rd strike was a ball” well if the ump called it a strike...it was a strike!! If you’ve been around long enough you know that calls are always gonna go both ways eventually. I agree it sucks to be on the wrong side in a PGF winners bracket game, but think of the impact that player had the opportunity to have on that college coach watching if she would have just ran back grabbed her glove and hustled out to her position...
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Bookend » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:59 am

Umpires, good or bad are part of the game. One thing I have learned is we see things the way we want to see them. If there is a close play of borderline pitch, I'd say 50% of the fans see it one way and the rest see it different. This causes the "pack mentality" or "piling on" effect. The bottom line is the umps aren't making the calls to influence the game one way or another and the calls even out over the course of a game/season. When I videoed the games I would be 100% sure they blew a call and go back a see in on video and see that I was once again wrong. Sure, they blow calls, but once again, it's part of the game.
Getting back to the point of college coaches trying to see the kids and evaluate them. Don't set up in designated coaches areas or directly behind the screen with your umbrella or EZ-UP. The coaches will just move on to the next game and that kid that goes 4 for 4 or makes an amazing play will miss their chance to be seen.
Bookend

by notthisagain » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 am

Bookend wrote:Umpires, good or bad are part of the game. One thing I have learned is we see things the way we want to see them. If there is a close play of borderline pitch, I'd say 50% of the fans see it one way and the rest see it different. This causes the "pack mentality" or "piling on" effect. The bottom line is the umps aren't making the calls to influence the game one way or another and the calls even out over the course of a game/season. When I videoed the games I would be 100% sure they blew a call and go back a see in on video and see that I was once again wrong. Sure, they blow calls, but once again, it's part of the game.
Getting back to the point of college coaches trying to see the kids and evaluate them. Don't set up in designated coaches areas or directly behind the screen with your umbrella or EZ-UP. The coaches will just move on to the next game and that kid that goes 4 for 4 or makes an amazing play will miss their chance to be seen.

Talk about parents missing the big picture.
Umbrellas should always be at the back. Don't understand those people that sit in the front next to the fence and stick an umbrella up so no one can see the field. And they do it with bleachers behind them.
notthisagain

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions