Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Baseball swing Vs Softball swing?!?!?!

What's on your mind?

by 110% » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 pm

IMO, No, the swing is still the same, slightly up, almost mimicking a Nike swoosh. The difficulty comes from not picking the ball up soon enough from down below. If you're late seeing the release it impacts the timing. Good Pitching is about upsetting a hitters timing. When hitters are hitting well they always talk about how well they're seeing the ball. Timing is the most critical element of good hitting

We have all seen a hitter not stride and hit the ball. We've seen them not load and hit the ball. Not rotate their hips and hit it. But even with a perfect swing if you're timing is off you miss. The bat and ball must be in the same place at the same time
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:11 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:@ Battle & 110..... Do you guys think that the difference in ball trajectory and timing alters the mechanics in any way??? Remember I see guys come over all the time from baseball and they kill it fielding but struggle horribly at hitting. Some eventually get it and hit HARD but a lot of them don't catch on too well and for the most part just get picked up for fielding.

Thats what led me to even bring this up because there is a kid out of college that has come to play with us they picked him up for mens nationals coming up in August. He looks like a baller smashes off the tee and front toss, has had 19 AB's with us and has yet to put a ball in play........ If the swings were so similar shouldn't he have caught on by now??

Yes I do think it alters the mechanics but the mechanics to POC should be the same IMO. Sometimes I think they would be better off switching sides and learn to apply the mechanics to their opposite....LOL
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by notthisagain » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 am

Stubborn keeps doing the same thing. Stupid doesnt recognize it.
Take him off the line up, hand him a bucket to sit on.
notthisagain

by Schmick » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Baseball swings a heavier bat
And the ball goes a lot farther
Likely just better athletes though
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 am

And a golfer swings a lighter club and can hit the ball further. John Daly must be a superior athlete. Schmuck!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Misogynist or not, that guy has a male gender fetish he can't control.
notthisagain

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions