Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Did your team?

What's on your mind?

by notthisagain » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 am

cwcivicgrl wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
cwcivicgrl wrote:
I'm not relocating till my child goes to college.

Hopefully not to the town the college is in

Most likely not. When I have looked at the colleges she wants to attend there mainly all not located in areas we want to reside in. I have quite some time to really be concerned about it.

Million dollar question again.
Is the grass greener overthere?

Dadspaz why don't you like the helicopter parenting relocating to their kids college? Family bond good enough reason?
notthisagain

by notthisagain » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 am

notthisagain wrote:
cwcivicgrl wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
cwcivicgrl wrote:
I'm not relocating till my child goes to college.

Hopefully not to the town the college is in

Most likely not. When I have looked at the colleges she wants to attend there mainly all not located in areas we want to reside in. I have quite some time to really be concerned about it.

Million dollar question again.
Is the grass greener overthere?

Dadspaz why don't you like the helicopter parenting relocating to their kids college? Family bond good enough reason?

No response Dadspaz? Second thots on your own advice?
notthisagain

by Chin Music » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 am

My daughter had a teammate when she was in Kentucky who’s parents followed her there. To tell u the truth I thought it was odd, as were they.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:09 pm

General McArthur's mother lived at the Thayer Hotel(on campus) while he was at West Point

probably explains a lot?!!?!?!?!
jonriv

by Schmick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:18 am

Team split up

It was a mixed birth year team, mostly 1st year 14s. My kid has a December birthday so though she was a 2nd year 14 she was still an 8th grader and wasn't interested in sitting around for 4 months so a mixed team was where she was going to go. We loved the girls, coaches and families, had some great trips and parties but it was time to move up after PGF as we knew it was a one year deal.

Not sure what to think of the team the kid picked out for this year, if they don't look like a PGF level team by Xmas, I'll find a team that is.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions