Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NPF USSSA???

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

USSSA Pride announced today that they will not be renewing their partnership with the National Pro Fastpitch league after 11 years

I think they need the MLB behind them
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Schmick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:33 am

Why would MLB get behind pro Softball?
They're not the same sport, they don't use the same fields they would play during the same seasons. That would be a a dumb investment for Major League Baseball.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 am

What is the reasoning or motive behind USSSA Pride's decision? It doesn't say they are folding, just not continuing with NPF. What other options do they have?
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:41 am

Let me underline the obvious
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Seems only two valid reasons to not renew. Would be to arbitrate a better contract or start their own gig. Here comes something.
notthisagain

by notthisagain » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 am

Spazsdad wrote:
PairOfAces wrote:What is the reasoning or motive behind USSSA Pride's decision? It doesn't say they are folding, just not continuing with NPF. What other options do they have?

I heard they may play in the Japan pro league.

Other than money would that be advantageous? Heard a bird chirp in the wind, we have other plans.
notthisagain

by notthisagain » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:37 am

notthisagain wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
PairOfAces wrote:What is the reasoning or motive behind USSSA Pride's decision? It doesn't say they are folding, just not continuing with NPF. What other options do they have?

Other than money would that be advantageous? Heard a bird chirp in the wind, we have other plans.

Wouldn't going to Japan be a lateral move? Would put a cap on their potential. By leaving usa $ stateside. One word, capitalism.
notthisagain

by Schmick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:18 am

Spazsdad wrote:Well the courts and equipment aren’t the same and the NBA supports the WNBA

The NBA loses money supporting the wnba, which is the same sport, in many of the same arenas, which aren't being used during their off seasons.

And on top of that they get grief by ungrateful female players who have been pissing and moaning that they don't make what the men make.

Think the MLB wants to throw away good money only to hear some chick on ESPN complain that the Yankees payroll wpuld be 1,500 times greater than the junkyard dogs payroll even though the Yankees generate 10,000 times more money? Prop up a different sport other than their own and then be called chauvenists for their effort.

We care about softball because our kids play it, I'm not watching games she doesn't play in though.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SDTitans » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 am

Schmick wrote:
We care about softball because our kids play it, I'm not watching games she doesn't play in though.

And that is one of the main reason pro fastpitch will fail. Too many people think the same way.. yet they will watch pro men players who are not their kids play baseball, basketball, football, etc etc and drop a lot of money buying jerseys and other crap.. yet fastpitch..
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 am

notthisagain wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

Wouldn't going to Japan be a lateral move? Would put a cap on their potential. By leaving usa $ stateside. One word, capitalism.

Lateral???No- the Japanese league gets pretty good sized crowds and I think even makes money. BTW Japan has a capitalist economy.
jonriv

by notthisagain » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am

jonriv wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

Lateral???No- the Japanese league gets pretty good sized crowds and I think even makes money. BTW Japan has a capitalist economy.

Capitalist world.
Ok japan better league $.
From the size of the populis there vs United States, what do you speculate is the reasons for larger crowds there?.Is gender not so much an issue that it might be here in the United States? Or more sports here in United States to diversify fans?
notthisagain

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions