Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Any showcase recommendations?

What's on your mind?

by FstPtchFred » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:58 am

Softball Fam,

Just reaching out to get a feel for some of the showcases/tournaments you guys are participating in this fall? I'm getting pounded with emails to a bunch of different stuff for our kids, and I always feel like word-of-mouth is the best place to start when trying to find quality opportunities.

Let me know if there are any recommendations out there!

Keep grinding,
FPF
FstPtchFred
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FstPtchFred » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:03 am

Spazsdad wrote:Where are you and wouldn’t that be the decision by the coach as to where he takes the team?

Thanks for the response. We're in VA, but i work with a lot of kids throughout the mid-atlantic (VA, MD, DE, DC). Yes, a lot of our kids are playing in team tournaments, but i encourage the kids to look into individual showcases as well. Traveling as a team is nice, but at some point kids need to be more selfish in their own process and get in front of schools they are interested in playing for. Any thoughts on this?

Keep grinding,

FPF
FstPtchFred
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:26 am

Pennsbury in Pennsylvania is well attended
jonriv

by Capone » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:12 am

D9 fall showcase in Orlando is good.
Capone

by FstPtchFred » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am

Capone wrote:D9 fall showcase in Orlando is good.

Thanks, Capone. I've heard some good things about D9, but always get worried that there's too many kids at these tournaments and the girls dont get a chance to stand out. I'll definitely check out the Orlando session, never hurts to be in FL during the colder months!!

Keep grinding,
FPF
FstPtchFred
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FstPtchFred » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:45 am

jonriv wrote:Pennsbury in Pennsylvania is well attended

You're not wrong about that! I've heard great things about the Pennsbury opportunity, especially for kids looking to play in the Northeast. Thanks for the recc!

Keep grinding,
FPF
FstPtchFred
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:04 am

FstPtchFred wrote:

Thanks, Capone. I've heard some good things about D9, but always get worried that there's too many kids at these tournaments and the girls dont get a chance to stand out. I'll definitely check out the Orlando session, never hurts to be in FL during the colder months!!

Keep grinding,
FPF

What the heck you're worried about too many quality players and your players not standing out. Looks like you're going to have to be a little more realistic about your showcase selections. Things like
usa preps is more in line with D3. Find NAIA camps in your area.
notthisagain

by FstPtchFred » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm

notthisagain wrote:
FstPtchFred wrote:

Keep grinding,
FPF

What the heck you're worried about too many quality players and your players not standing out. Looks like you're going to have to be a little more realistic about your showcase selections. Things like

Ummm, no. What I'm saying is that college coaches go to tournaments with a short list of names that they are there to see. If your kid doesnt go 4-4 or hit a few HR's it's nearly impossible to separate yourself from a group of 1,000+. Thanks for the suggestion on USA Preps and NAIA camps, i'm sure they're great
FstPtchFred
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Whatever tournament you decide to attend. Make sure your daughter contacts the coach and lets them know when and where they will be playing. Their game schedule, team and player number. Make sure to fill out profile info on the college's team website. Coaches have limited time and resources, as mentioned before the chance of being discovered is close to NIL. Make sure the coaches have a road map to your daughter. During my daughters recruiting years 90% of the time if the coach was at the showcase and my daughter had contacted- the coach came to see her. You have to to do the pre-work. They will not know how good your daughter is if they don't know she is there and they do not see her play!
jonriv

by notthisagain » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:08 am

FstPtchFred wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
FstPtchFred wrote:

Keep grinding,
FPF

Ummm, no. What I'm saying is that college coaches go to tournaments with a short list of names that they are there to see. If your kid doesnt go 4-4 or hit a few HR's it's nearly impossible to separate yourself from a group of 1,000+. Thanks for the suggestion on USA Preps and NAIA camps, i'm sure they're great

This is one of those times when you realize you're talking to a person who doesn't know what they're doing and have no clue of what's going on in travel ball.

Let me say it clearer so you can understand.
Here it comes. Get ready.
Pull your head out ! Dont go to upper level showcasing if you are fearful they are going to strike out and suck!
notthisagain

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions