Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Ground balls/Fly balls

What's on your mind?

by Battle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:14 pm

notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:Yes, they should.
If there's a coach out there that answers no to this question, explain your reasoning. If you know a coach who would answer no to this question, give their name so they can be avoided.

Does Mike Candrea or Patrick Murphy hit flyballs to his pitchers and catchers every practice?

Dont know. Do you?
Can name off over a dozen D1 colleges that do. At that level with 28 people they pay for on their roster they can do whatever they want. Still think they should.
Travel ball different story, Prepairing players.

Well you said give names to avoid...Just asking...If they don't do that for their pitchers and catchers the majority of the time at their practices, that's names to avoid...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Defty » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:03 pm

anaomip wrote:Should ALL players take ground balls and fly balls both during practice? No matter their primary position.

There are a couple of easy answers to this that I will pose in the form of questions:

1) Answer# 1: Can you guarantee that an infielder will never see a fly ball or that an outfielder will never see a ground ball? Obviously the answer is no, so why would you not keep your players up on skills that they will need to rely on. The question was not about EVERY practice, but if it were that might change this answer slightly.

2) Answer# 2: Why not? It cannot hurt to make sure everyone gets a handful of reps to keep their skills up, though it does make practice longer. It however definitely CAN hurt to let certain skills atrophy.

And logic would argue that this question isn't pertaining to whether or not college players or coaches are, or should be doing this. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seems that we are talking about travel level coaches, with far less experience and many whom don't have the coaching staff either available or skilled enough to help facilitate a complete and focused practice.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:
If there's a coach out there that answers no to this question, explain your reasoning. If you know a coach who would answer no to this question, give their name so they can be avoided.

Does Mike Candrea or Patrick Murphy hit flyballs to his pitchers and catchers every practice?

Dont know. Do you?
Can name off over a dozen D1 colleges that do. At that level with 28 people they pay for on their roster they can do whatever they want. Still think they should.

Well you said give names to avoid...Just asking...If they don't do that for their pitchers and catchers the majority of the time at their practices, that's names to avoid...

Since you dont have an answer to your own question it's irrelevant. Was directing my answer towards travel ball. Second post clarified that. Go ahead you can be the dad coach who doesn't develop players.
notthisagain

by Battle » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pm

notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:

Dont know. Do you?

Since you dont have an answer to your own question it's irrelevant. Was directing my answer towards travel ball. Second post clarified that. Go ahead you can be the dad coach who doesn't develop players.

I had questions and you seem to have all the blanked answers. With all the players that you have developed I figured you could ask one of the developed players and let me know. Also, maybe you should specify when you say "coach" so dunces like me can understand.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by notthisagain » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 am

Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:

Dont know. Do you?

I had questions and you seem to have all the blanked answers. With all the players that you have developed I figured you could ask one of the developed players and let me know. Also, maybe you should specify when you say "coach" so dunces like me can understand.
Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:

Dont know. Do you?

You asked do they.
I answered dont know do you.
No answer from you.
Now your at the bottom of your bottle asking if they dont.

Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:
notthisagain wrote:
Battle wrote:

Dont know. Do you?

You must have passed out
and forgot that.
notthisagain

by Battle » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:11 am

NTA...You said this...

notthisagain wrote:I can name off over a dozen D1 colleges that do. At that level with 28 people they pay for on their roster they can do whatever they want..

Since you are so big on names but don't have any "developed players at that level" to ask, name the colleges you are talking about in your quote. Name the ones that give flyballs and grounders to their #1 and #2 pitchers and catchers as much as they do their utility players...

Now if you will excuse me, I have got to make me a crown and coke...yum yum.
Battle

by notthisagain » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am

Maybe if you're still on the first one of the day you'll understand my comment was about travel ball.
Since you're so focused on college ball look up for yourself on college rosters and you'll see a lot of catchers who also play another position. As for top level pitching is a premium top colleges can't afford to injure that would be up to them. Lots of other colleges have to use their talented athletes in more than one position that includes pitchers. Go look it up for yourself.
Then you can write up your own list instead of disbelieving me.
I am responsible for what I say.
I am not responsible for what you comprehend.
notthisagain

by Defty » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:48 am

notthisagain wrote:Maybe if you're still on the first one of the day you'll understand my comment was about travel ball.
Since you're so focused on college ball look up for yourself on college rosters and you'll see a lot of catchers who also play another position. As for top level pitching is a premium top colleges can't afford to injure that would be up to them. Lots of other colleges have to use their talented athletes in more than one position that includes pitchers. Go look it up for yourself.
Then you can write up your own list instead of disbelieving me.
I am responsible for what I say.
I am not responsible for what you comprehend.

This is pretty awesome... a person named notthisagain arguing with a person that named themselves battle.

notthisgain, maybe you haven't realized yet, or maybe you just like the fight, but there are people out there that just like the BATTLE. Maybe you should try harder to avoid being baited or you will always find yourself dealing with THIS kinda stuff AGAIN.

Yeah, I've got time on my hands today. It's Friday, what can I say.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am

Yeah got it Battle likes to Battle.
Figured you're on number two Crown and Coke. Help you out with a short list from 2019 Mike candrea roster.
P/inf Hannah Bowen
C/1st Izzy Pacho
C/inf Hillory Edior
I don't attend their practices I'll leave that up to you.
notthisagain

by Battle » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:57 pm

Now that's funny... :lol:
The baited explaining to the baited how not to get baited by the baiter. The point is, know what you are talking about before you respond. It should have been asked to the OP as to what age group, what positions, and how frequent of those practiced because all that matters. That should have been done before laying into "avoiding a coach".

I took the OP as asking about travel ball too but I really didn't know what positions and I sure didn't know what age group. I didn't know if we were talking about infielders only getting ground balls and outfielders only getting flyballs. It's amazing that none of those questions were asked before hanging the coach.

Some people don't really want discussion, they only want confirmation and you two confirm that so people beware.
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions