Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Send a message?

What's on your mind?

by WhoMe » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Well, if it was not the end of the game and the other coach did nothing I would quietly and respectfully pull him aside and have a chat. If said coach condoned trucking a player at a friendly I would just pull my team.

Coaching in a game about 7 years ago, squib hit towards 1st. Spins away, 1B goes to knees to grab ball, pivots to tag. Girl running to first veers in and lowers shoulder. Is on the ground bleeding and concussed, havering over her and reading the riot act to the ump because there was zero action taken and, while there over my payer the other coach had the audacity to walk and start saying "come on, you know that was incidental contact". Never been thrown out of a game but that was the closest I ever came. At 6'5" I was more than willing to have incidental contact with that coach every time he came to 3rd base box. I refrained because I know it would have been absolutely the wrong thing to show the players but it would have felt great.

Long story short, trucking a player by another player is bad, a coach condoning it reprehensible.
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 am

I have no problem with the kids policing their own game. I would not order a "hit" on a kid, especially since the next batter had nothing to do with the perceived offense.

I find it somewhat hypocritical that these 14 year old kids are treated with kid gloves, but they can be adult enough to submit themselves for verbal commitments from colleges....many of them are playing 18G and learning about the machinations of sex with boys and other girls. Hilarious. At least they can't drive a car, vote, or drink legally.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by stonehurler » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:12 am

Army paratrooper and light fighter...….impressive
stonehurler
Premium Member
Premium Member