Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Only as strong as weakest link

What's on your mind?

by notthisagain » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 am

Does that apply to organizations?
Do lousy performing teams affect your opinion of an organization? How about lousy personality coaches?
I tend evaluate team by team. Not defined by the organization name.
When I see really horrendous personality coaching in an organization it does make me question why their leadership would allow that.
notthisagain

by DirtyRiders » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:28 pm

notthisagain wrote:Does that apply to organizations?
Do lousy performing teams affect your opinion of an organization? How about lousy personality coaches?
When I see really horrendous personality coaching in an organization it does make me question why their leadership would allow that.

I tend to agree. It seems lately though that organizations are just adding teams at will and that tends to lead to fewer quality coaches and teams. But you are right.....if there is a Donkey coaching a team it can’t look good on any organization. I try to focus on the better teams in an organization and try to form my opinion that way.
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by centurian » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 am

This post might be about teams and how they reflect on an organization. I think a team is only as strong as its weakest parent. When a team has a bad parent or parents it starts rotten. The complainers.
Won't blame the coach for making the wrong initial decision. But when coach carries around rotten parents. It makes the stands a complaint department instead of a fan club. My tryout radar starts there.
centurian

by Zoran » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:33 am

notthisagain wrote:Does that apply to organizations?

While the top performing teams in certain organizations might be impressive. They really only represent the possibility that it can happen that you can play at that level. But it is an illusion to think because you are playing on any team within the organization that you will eventually play on the top team in an organization.

To the point about horrendous personality coaching. That is at all levels.
Zoran

by Backnine » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:49 am

Why do we call them organizations? Shouldn't they be organized? Meaning, the head of the organization should have some enforceable standards in place for coaches and managers. Kinda like any other organization you have ever heard of. Unfortunately, any person that can gather 10 players with money for uniforms can have a team. This leads some pretty crappy teams and poor coaching. But money in the bank for Heads of the Organizations.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by centurian » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 am

Backnine wrote:Why do we call them organizations? Shouldn't they be organized? Meaning, the head of the organization should have some enforceable standards in place for coaches and managers. Kinda like any other organization you have ever heard of. Unfortunately, any person that can gather 10 players with money for uniforms can have a team. This leads some pretty crappy teams and poor coaching. But money in the bank for Heads of the Organizations.

Shouldnt they be organized :lol: dat fuhhnnny sarcazzzmm
centurian

Return to Fastpitch Discussions