Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Question for college graduates n parents

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 am

When a person applies for a job after graduating college. On the job application they put where they graduated from. How often does an employer ask for proof of graduation?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by centurian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:47 am

They find out when wages are garnished for child support. Restitution. Court fee's. They usually check credit report.
Does that matter.
centurian

by eclipse09 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm

I know at my work they want a copy of the diploma or copy of transcripts if they didn't graduate, but the classes pertain to the job.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:31 am

Most major companies do a very thorough vetting and deep background check- ranging from the I-9 that is filed, some do a soft credit check, their own internal investigation dept. verifies prior employment, college, degrees etc. If in the financial world there is also an FBI background check.

I
jonriv

by Zoran » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am

NumeroUno wrote:When a person applies for a job after graduating college. On the job application they put where they graduated from. How often does an employer ask for proof of graduation?

Question applys whether they went to college or not.
Build a resume. Some wont check.
What are the repercussions if it's a false statement. Obviously not getting that job if they check.
But other than that?
Zoran

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi Uno!

My son just landed a job at a So Cal government agency. They required official transcripts including proof of graduation, which he did at CSUF.

Have a Christmas season!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Zoran wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:When a person applies for a job after graduating college. On the job application they put where they graduated from. How often does an employer ask for proof of graduation?

What are the repercussions if it's a false statement. Obviously not getting that job if they check.
But other than that?

I have seen people who have been fired several weeks/months after being hired when the discrepancy was discovered. Has happened to some high level College ADs I think?
jonriv

by Zoran » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm

jonriv wrote:
Zoran wrote:

But other than that?

I have seen people who have been fired several weeks/months after being hired when the discrepancy was discovered. Has happened to some high level College ADs I think?

Your saying they didnt check befor
hiring. Then got fired. Odd.
Costly for the company, business.
Status of job, integrity of company play a
role. Then theres the buddy system.
Zoran

by Zoran » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Talk about credentials & verifying credit histories, should presidents have to show their taxes?
Or could that just be false info anyway?

Heck we know people have gotten into college on false information and we only know of the ones who got caught.

Regardless not going to be naive to think falsifying records doesn't happen. People do get away with it.
Zoran

by jonriv » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:41 pm

No, I don't think Presidents should have to show their taxes since 99% of the population would not know what they are looking at and those who did would cherry pick the different schedules that suited their particular agenda- plus a tax return will not show illegal transactions.

Do people falsify records of course, but doing so is getting tougher and tougher. Many cases of falsifications going back decades coming to light. In this error of google, you tube etc... it's hard to hide

Are you suggesting new graduates should falsify their records to get a job?
jonriv

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions