Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Non-parent coach vs Parent coach

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:As a point of reference, I was wondering about the coaching experience of folks who post here. Trying to assign relative credibility of the posters. I know about Spaz's experience.

OBTW: Are Zoran and Centurian the same poster? Similar writing styles.

You have picked an interesting post within which to pose this question. The post is about what type of coach you would rather play for. Is coaching experience relative to one's credibility regarding who they prefer their kid to play for? Are you under the false impression that coaches are the pinnacle of credibility regardless of the subject matter?

As for you being able to vouch for what Spaz has done... who are you again? You have proudly listed the teams you have coached and assistant coached for on your profile but that, along with your own posts, only shows that you bounced around from sub par team team to sub par team. According to Poligrip club (a.k.a. team Emotional Reaction), that makes you their enemy. And we don't want you on our side, because you have to be of sound mind to make it over here. I will however come to you if ever I need advice on how to get my daughter onto the local community college softball team.

You are funny. Of course you don't answer....because rec ball is the sole level of your coaching resume. I have quite a few kids whom have played at high levels....PAC 12, Big Ten, Big 12....I post my experience so that other posters may gauge my credibility. You can take my advice or leave it. I don't really care.

If one hasn't coached at this level it is directly relevant to the acceptability of their advice. If you haven't done it before, try it. Your advice to others may change.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:As a point of reference, I was wondering about the coaching experience of folks who post here. Trying to assign relative credibility of the posters. I know about Spaz's experience.

You have picked an interesting post within which to pose this question. The post is about what type of coach you would rather play for. Is coaching experience relative to one's credibility regarding who they prefer their kid to play for? Are you under the false impression that coaches are the pinnacle of credibility regardless of the subject matter?

As for you being able to vouch for what Spaz has done... who are you again? You have proudly listed the teams you have coached and assistant coached for on your profile but that, along with your own posts, only shows that you bounced around from sub par team team to sub par team. According to Poligrip club (a.k.a. team Emotional Reaction), that makes you their enemy. And we don't want you on our side, because you have to be of sound mind to make it over here. I will however come to you if ever I need advice on how to get my daughter onto the local community college softball team.

You are funny. Of course you don't answer....because rec ball is the sole level of your coaching resume. I have quite a few kids whom have played at high levels....PAC 12, Big Ten, Big 12....I post my experience so that other posters may gauge my credibility. You can take my advice or leave it. I don't really care.

If one hasn't coached at this level it is directly relevant to the acceptability of their advice. If you haven't done it before, try it. Your advice to others may change.

Nice answer. Except you didn't address my questions. "Is coaching experience relative to one's credibility regarding who they prefer their kid to play for? Are you under the false impression that coaches are the pinnacle of credibility regardless of the subject matter?"

You have erroneously assigned a value to coaching based on your flawed thought process. I figured it was too much for you to comprehend but I wanted to see what mosaic if stupidity you put together for us to have to stare at.

Facilitating a scholarship is far different from coaching a girl at high school (which no one cares about any more) that already has a scholarship or that received one via her travel team/org. There are very few High Schools and/or High School coaches that colleges care about (i.e. Los Alamitos High School) and you are definitely not one of those.

Coaching experience is not relevant to how I feel about the type of coach I want my daughter to play for. To have extensive knowledge about something, is it a requirement that you also teach or coach on that subject? Most definitely not! Coaching is not a prerequisite to knowledge of the sport.

You must first start with someone that has the ability to retain and analyze information. That same person must also possess the ability to communicate that information intelligibly to his players and parents. They must also have the charisma to convince their players and parents to follow their lead. Then lastly, they must prove themselves when it counts. Every time you type something I can tell you are not cut from that cloth.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:Okay...Geesh...I was just asking...

I told you.

LOL...Yes you did and right you are.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
centurian wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:Okay...Geesh...I was just asking...

I told you.

Oh come on! Take some ownership
of the crap you stir.
Always trying to throw people under the rug.
Ya old gray mare.

Nobody was talking yo you child. Run along and go play with yourself
BTW. It’s throwing people under the bus and sweeping things under the rug. If your gonna play bring a game.

Spazs...Now why would you want to throw someone under a rug? Were they cold? Did they lose their clothes? Are you ashamed of them and want to hide them?... :lol: ...I think the last question answers it...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Sam » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:17 am

Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:

Nice answer. Except you didn't address my questions. "Is coaching experience relative to one's credibility regarding who they prefer their kid to play for? Are you under the false impression that coaches are the pinnacle of credibility regardless of the subject matter?"

You have erroneously assigned a value to coaching based on your flawed thought process. I figured it was too much for you to comprehend but I wanted to see what mosaic if stupidity you put together for us to have to stare at.

Facilitating a scholarship is far different from coaching a girl at high school (which no one cares about any more) that already has a scholarship or that received one via her travel team/org. There are very few High Schools and/or High School coaches that colleges care about (i.e. Los Alamitos High School) and you are definitely not one of those.

Coaching experience is not relevant to how I feel about the type of coach I want my daughter to play for. To have extensive knowledge about something, is it a requirement that you also teach or coach on that subject? Most definitely not! Coaching is not a prerequisite to knowledge of the sport.

You must first start with someone that has the ability to retain and analyze information. That same person must also possess the ability to communicate that information intelligibly to his players and parents. They must also have the charisma to convince their players and parents to follow their lead. Then lastly, they must prove themselves when it counts. Every time you type something I can tell you are not cut from that cloth.

You get funnier by the minute. So you would choose a charismatic orthopedic surgeon directly out of school to do your back surgery over Dr. Andrews.......that is rich. I hope you aren't dumber than you look.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 am

Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:

You get funnier by the minute. So you would choose a charismatic orthopedic surgeon directly out of school to do your back surgery over Dr. Andrews.......that is rich. I hope you aren't dumber than you look.

I definitely wouldn't choose a surgeon with 20 years experience, multiple malpractice suits and constant complaints about how he sucks at what he does. Everyone would choose the surgeon who has marked success and is revered by his colleagues. How many people do you know that have said that their teachers suck or have no idea what they are doing? Teaching in and of itself does not begit success. It does not surprise me that you are confused by this simple concept. Because as I have said "you must first start with someone that has the ability to retain and analyze information." You were a failure from the get go and just don't have the self-awareness to see it. Sad sad little old man
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Defty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:15 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Defty wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Zoran wrote:
Spazsdad
You are a terrible moderator.
The game you bring is b.s.

Oh I’m sorry. I guess I’m just supposed to sit back and keep my mouth shut while idiots like you take shots at me because you feel emboldened by anonymity.? Sorry to disappoint but I ain’t goin anywhere

I am not surprised that you either 1) have no idea what your role as a moderator entails, or 2) have no desire to perform those functions for the benefit of the site. No one is trying to make you go anywhere. In fact, it would be nice if you would just stop acting like such a fool and grow as a human being. After several run ins with you I spent/wasted the time querying the internet to figure out who you are and how someone with such toxic views has come to be, only to find out that people hate you equally everywhere you post. It has become obvious that at one point you concluded that people are never going to like you for who you are, so you might as well make them hate you on your terms.

And stop pretending that you aren't hiding behind anonymity. The benefit of anonymity is that we protect our daughters from our ignorance as well as each others. We are expressing OUR points of view, not necessarily theirs. I know who several of you are and don't out you, because that's not what this is about. Your anonymity rant seems to be more related to your inability to use your admin rights to see certain peoples personal information because they are one step ahead of you. "Princess"!

Oh boy.. You keep doing the Lord’s work. It takes all kinds to keep the bucket going. Good talk.

And you keep doing Satan's.
Defty
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:
Sam wrote:
Defty wrote:

I definitely wouldn't choose a surgeon with 20 years experience, multiple malpractice suits and constant complaints about how he sucks at what he does. Everyone would choose the surgeon who has marked success and is revered by his colleagues. How many people do you know that have said that their teachers suck or have no idea what they are doing? Teaching in and of itself does not begit success. It does not surprise me that you are confused by this simple concept. Because as I have said "you must first start with someone that has the ability to retain and analyze information." You were a failure from the get go and just don't have the self-awareness to see it. Sad sad little old man

You are a child. You have no idea what I have or haven't done. Pathetic little troll.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Sooooo, what was the general consensus??? Do people prefer a non-parent coach over a parent coach?!?!?
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm

curveballerguy124 wrote:Sooooo, what was the general consensus??? Do people prefer a non-parent coach over a parent coach?!?!?

Well I didn't really answer earlier, but I would have to say that non-parent coaches have been better for my kids over a parent coach especially at the older age groups. It also helps to have the player's goals equal the coaches goals. In my kids case she picked her final coach due to his ability to get players recruited to a variety of schools (mainly academic Div III) and that was her goal.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions