Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Swing aids

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:48 pm

I'm not a huge fan of hitting aids I never wanted to spend the money on a gimmick that might not work. However, the two things that I did often was train with different size balls off the tee and front toss. I would also use a thing called the swing rope and hit tennis balls with it off the tee and front toss. I found the swing rope to be beneficial at keeping the hands back and the different size balls helped my hand eye coordination.

Did anybody ever buy a hitting aid that helped or was it a waste of money????
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm

I have never seen any of my kids hitting coaches use a swing aid. All tee, soft toss, front toss and machine.

I know during rec years our player development board member would buy some of these and the kids seemed to like it, but mostly they ended up in our sports container.

I know it isn't a swing aid, but younger kids seemed to like the stick and we had a number of those that got used a lot. What are your thoughts on those?
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am

Line drive pro. I have one and it works. Some kids don't like it because it hard to do. Rope bats take some getting use to too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIgAN50SRA
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Blanka wrote:I have never seen any of my kids hitting coaches use a swing aid. All tee, soft toss, front toss and machine

Maybe that's the problem! LOL
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions