Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Corona Virus

What's on your mind?

by tristonremo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Any word from PGF or TCS as far as spring season possibly being over and cancelling PGF nationals? There has to be some sort of drop dead date. Teams might not even be able to practice till May or June at this rate...most schools are all cancelled till May and rumor is the school year could be over soon.

PGF won't have enough weekends to catch up on qualifiers either.
tristonremo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:27 pm

tristonremo wrote:Any word from PGF or TCS as far as spring season possibly being over and cancelling PGF nationals? There has to be some sort of drop dead date. Teams might not even be able to practice till May or June at this rate...most schools are all cancelled till May and rumor is the school year could be over soon.

PGF won't have enough weekends to catch up on qualifiers either.

I don't see them having a tournament especially with the Olympics pushed out a year. Just not enough time to get things together once things start back up. Maybe a small invitational, but I doubt it.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:42 am

A few other things that may change is in the supply chain. There were many local supermarkets that were better supplied for food than their larger chain competitors. That was because they used more local suppliers for meats and produce. I think you will also see more manufacturing move closer to markets. Some "just in time" supply chains may go back to more traditional(less efficient) warehousing. I think you will see countries(& companies) stockpiling and setting up strategic reserves of materials and equiptment. Hopefully they will look at other potential problems and not try to prepare for the last war.

Not that I think we should all become super preppers- I think we have all learned that it is not a bad idea to have a decent reserve supply of key items just in case

Water
canned food
TP(not a years worth!)
Batteries
flour
jonriv

by bigclemdawg » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:52 am

I think the real question is if the president does open the country up and declares victory over the Corona Virus. Is everyone going to go back to normal? or will states and local govt stay at home?
bigclemdawg
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 am

I think most Americans will get COVID 19, and it will mutate to a less lethal strain as it permeates society. Being healthy will be part of life, just like in "Future Dystopian" movies where everyone is fit and thin.
A vaccine will be developed, but you will still have those anti-vaxers out there, not herd-immunizing and affecting businesses and schools.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 pm

jonriv wrote:A few other things that may change is in the supply chain. There were many local supermarkets that were better supplied for food than their larger chain competitors. That was because they used more local suppliers for meats and produce. I think you will also see more manufacturing move closer to markets. Some "just in time" supply chains may go back to more traditional(less efficient) warehousing. I think you will see countries(& companies) stockpiling and setting up strategic reserves of materials and equiptment. Hopefully they will look at other potential problems and not try to prepare for the last war.

Not that I think we should all become super preppers- I think we have all learned that it is not a bad idea to have a decent reserve supply of key items just in case

Water
canned food
TP(not a years worth!)
Batteries
flour

JonRiv are you in the supermarket business?
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 am

DirtyRiders wrote:
jonriv wrote:A few other things that may change is in the supply chain. There were many local supermarkets that were better supplied for food than their larger chain competitors. That was because they used more local suppliers for meats and produce. I think you will also see more manufacturing move closer to markets. Some "just in time" supply chains may go back to more traditional(less efficient) warehousing. I think you will see countries(& companies) stockpiling and setting up strategic reserves of materials and equiptment. Hopefully they will look at other potential problems and not try to prepare for the last war.

Water
canned food
TP(not a years worth!)
Batteries
flour

JonRiv are you in the supermarket business?

Banking/Finance
jonriv

by eclipse09 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Water
canned food
TP(not a years worth!)
Batteries
flour

Here in California we always talk about being prepared for an earthquake even have it taught in our schools.....um..not many are prepared as shown this past few weeks. I agree with you JR hopefully this will teach everyone to be prepared next time, but I am not so sure.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

In Florida every May they have PSAs warning everyone to be prepared for hurricane season, yet everytime a hurricane comes they clear out the supermarkets
jonriv

by eclipse09 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:40 pm

jonriv wrote:In Florida every May they have PSAs warning everyone to be prepared for hurricane season, yet everytime a hurricane comes they clear out the supermarkets

Of course, we are mostly reactionary. Still hopeful more will change after this blows over......
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions