Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NCAA Season over....Is Travel Ball next??

What's on your mind?

by E Train Dad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 pm

This should get interesting. My DD's NCAA 2020 season just got called about an hour ago with all others, in my opinion, prematurely.......they could have taken a break unit further notice type of approach, but pulling the plug seems rash. That said, Travel ball is still the wild west and is generally unregulated. Should be interesting how this affects TB in the near term and beyond. I'm gonna guess that it will be a team/ORG decision, however, there will be some teams that hold out, some that will have pressure to stay.....should get interesting!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:42 am

Travel ball will depend on where we are in a few months and what restrictions on gatherings still remain.

As far as making the decision too soon, I certainly understand your thought, but I think the NCAA had no choice. The window to play games is so small before graduation and with so many schools closing down for the rest of the semester-not sure a delay would have been feasible.
jonriv

by E Train Dad » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Yea Jon, I did see that the NCAA is now looking at extending eligiblity for players an extra year due to the circumstances......that is a whole other conversation! I also just checked the PGF site since we are So Cal Based, and there is no mention of any delays in the National event or qualifiers......yet! We shall see! There was some encouraging news in the world today, thus the market rallied 2000 pts......let's hope it continues to get better!
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions