Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Alabama opens the door

What's on your mind?

by PairOfAces » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:51 am

Youth sports activities can resume with certain social distancing recommendations, use of masks etc on May 11.

Will it be challenged in court? If so, will it hold up? How many other states with follow suit? If they host Showcases, will the college coaches show up?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:40 am

Not sure I’d follow Alabama as a lead for anything???
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:07 pm

jonriv wrote:Not sure I’d follow Alabama as a lead for anything???

:lol:

Upon further review, this is not official, it is a recommendation to the Governor, who may or may not (seems like more 'bamans think she won't) sign it.

But I believe many June events will be held as scheduled in many states, and July will go full blast (assuming June doesn't cause a recurrence of COVID).
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Been to Alabama five times(its where we landed from our jumps at Army Airborne School) We did a blanket party on an a-hole from Alabama at Basic. He said "I'm from Alabama and we don't forget!" I said, "I'm from New York and we don'y give a shit what people form Alabama think"

Even if they have events- who is going? Will there be a spring 2021 Softball season? At this points, it looks like no fall college- we will see.

Whatever they do, I hope it is right and does not cause a second or third wave!
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:38 am

Q: Did you hear about the $4,000,000 Alabama State Lottery? A: The winner gets $4 a year for a million years.

Q: Why did O. J. Simpson want to move to Alabama? A: Everyone has the same DNA.

Q: What new law was recently passed in Alabama? A: When a couple gets divorced, they're still brother and sister!

Q: What's the best thing to ever come out of Alabama? A: I-20 and I-10 Q. What do Alabamans do on Halloween? A. Pump kin!

Q: Did you hear that the governor's mansion in Alabama burned down? A: Almost took out the whole trailer park.

Q: Why are there so many unsolved murders in Alabama? A: There are no dental records and everyone has the same DNA

Q. Why did they build the Mercedes plant so close to the University of Alabama? A. Because they have an endless supply of crash test dummies right down the road.
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:40 am

A businesswoman from Connecticut has a meeting in Alabama.
Her meeting done, she stops at a local bar for a quick drink.

Her bartender, noting her northern accent, says "Yew shore talk purty. Whar did you go to school?"

She smiles and says, "Yale."

He says, "YEW SHORE TALK PURTY. WHAR DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL?"
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn Jon, hold a grudge much? Heard most of these (insert any southern state) but the trailer park and crash test were new to me.

At any rate, I believe we will have travel softball this summer. Probably not as soon as Bama proposes.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:10 am

I actually love most of the south and have enjoyed my time spent there.

I just like making fun of Alabama- its too easy
jonriv

by Schmick » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:10 pm

The Tide are scheduled to take the Trojans ass to mouth again this fall. That's one game I'm OK with being canceled since SCs program is in disarray and would be more even more embarrassing if uclabia wasn't across town stinking even worse.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions