Go to the Premier Girls Fastpitch (PGF)
Thread for some info from the president / CEO
Day Hay

viewtopic.php?f=618&t=118667
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Schmick » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Newscum has pushed the lock down farther back 'til September now.

PGF knows they will not get the permits for the parks to host the PGF National Championships, in August, but they are rewarding berths to nearly every So Cal based team that signed up for a qualifier or a Surf City Showcase and then charging them 2500 dollars for the NC's. PGF will likely keep half that money for "administrative" fees when the PGF NCs are canceled so everyone will get stuck paying $1,250.00 for nothing.

TCS, from what I understand, isn't charging any "admin"fees and 100% of the money paid towards Zoom or any tournaments will be credited to the next TCS event once Pelosi's nephew says its OK to go outside again.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crabby_Bob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Schmick wrote:
TCS, from what I understand, isn't charging any "admin"fees and 100% of the money paid towards Zoom or any tournaments will be credited to the next TCS event once Pelosi's nephew says its OK to go outside again.

the straight dope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK3akp9gx7M
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by Schmick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Crabby_Bob wrote:
Schmick wrote:

So it looks like TCS will be keeping 20% of entry fees for tournaments that didn't take place
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crabby_Bob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:08 am

Schmick wrote:
Crabby_Bob wrote:
Schmick wrote:

So it looks like TCS will be keeping 20% of entry fees for tournaments that didn't take place

.... if you ask for a refund, otherwise, roll out for another tournament. Thought I heard 20% credit for some options. Did I mis-hear that? (Maybe that was for CO Sparkler.)
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by stonehurler » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:41 pm

I am in nor-cal and my daughter's team earned free entry into all TCS events this summer. I was savvy enough to realize free berths would not be honored because limited teams for the organizer means he gets no money from us. While he was limited to a certain amount of teams, we would never get in because that would totally screw up his revenue. I already heard he was charging $1,000.00 for these friendlies. #what a joke. Get rid of Kapp.
stonehurler
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 am

PGF is not answering Emails and after talking to a few Coaches at a Friendly this past weekend they have been told PGF will NOT refund anyones money. Originally it was going to be a 50% refund now its nothing. Court action is being discussed and I'm sure there will be a thread here soon regarding that. In the mean time TCS is rolling money over and if Teams want a refund TCS is holding 20%. Some are just accepting that but others are upset because the pandemic is the reason and they believe TCS should refund the total amount as some teams will not be playing other events as they have folded due too girls graduating

USAPreps has moved their Stars and Stripes to St George Utah along with another one of their events for the end of July. Utah this past weekend had its highest number of positive cases and is mulling a shutdown also. Las Vegas is supposed to find out come July 1st if Youth Sports can continue but it may be for only Nevada teams and No outside teams will be allowed. Mesquite is hosting a Showcase event possibly the weekend of the the 24th-26th of July however we will see soon if Nevada gets stay at home orders again as Las Vegas has seen a huge jump in cases and deaths.

TCS has Showcase by the Sea and Zoom into June coming up in August in So.Cal the talk is CA will not allow any Tournaments to happen the rest of the summer and into fall and all these TB Teams practicing and holding weekend friendlies may find cities clamping down on them as the fields and parks being used are being left with trash all over the dugouts and bleacher areas.

Anyone know if Texas is shutting down the TCS Regional for the Sparkler?

Not very many Positives for Youth Sports and just to add High School Fall Sports are not looking good either in CA.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3BB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:55 am

Kapp isn’t affiliated with TCS.
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:18 am

sdiamond wrote:PGF is not answering Emails and after talking to a few Coaches at a Friendly this past weekend they have been told PGF will NOT refund anyones money. Originally it was going to be a 50% refund now its nothing. Court action is being discussed and I'm sure there will be a thread here soon regarding that. In the mean time TCS is rolling money over and if Teams want a refund TCS is holding 20%. Some are just accepting that but others are upset because the pandemic is the reason and they believe TCS should refund the total amount as some teams will not be playing other events as they have folded due too girls graduating

USAPreps has moved their Stars and Stripes to St George Utah along with another one of their events for the end of July. Utah this past weekend had its highest number of positive cases and is mulling a shutdown also. Las Vegas is supposed to find out come July 1st if Youth Sports can continue but it may be for only Nevada teams and No outside teams will be allowed. Mesquite is hosting a Showcase event possibly the weekend of the the 24th-26th of July however we will see soon if Nevada gets stay at home orders again as Las Vegas has seen a huge jump in cases and deaths.

TCS has Showcase by the Sea and Zoom into June coming up in August in So.Cal the talk is CA will not allow any Tournaments to happen the rest of the summer and into fall and all these TB Teams practicing and holding weekend friendlies may find cities clamping down on them as the fields and parks being used are being left with trash all over the dugouts and bleacher areas.

Anyone know if Texas is shutting down the TCS Regional for the Sparkler?

Not very many Positives for Youth Sports and just to add High School Fall Sports are not looking good either in CA.

Everything you listed is why many teams IK in SoCal are closing down, including my own team. Just not worth the many risks and unknowns, even though the players and their families want to go out & have fun this summer. From what I've read, youth are less likely to have complications from COVID-19, and women are less likely to have complications from COVID-19, and most children that play competitive sports are less likely to have underlying conditions that would lead to complications from COVID-19, making the average TB softball player seem untouchable, but the mitigation efforts is to reduce the number of vectors (Vector (n): an organism that transmits a disease from one animal or plant to another).

Everyone should do their part so we can just go back to normal already, FFS :roll:
Wear the GD mask, stay the F away from people outside your Fam & Work, wash your hands and stop bitching so we can show the decision makers that hey, we're tired of this Sh, we've changed the numbers for the better, lets influence their decisions to 100% reopen the economy and not this BS 1/2 ass reopen, no JK, you've been all bad, that they keep spinning us on.
It's been 4 months, 1/3 of the year, and people still don't get it? Holy Sh
Yeah I don't like it either, but I also don't like people not taking it serious and delaying the restart. Look @ other countries, they're fully back to 100% (New Zealand, looking @ you), and yet, the US is where we are :roll:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:41 am

Eddiez577,

Your post is one of the wisest I've ever seen in any of these HeyBucket topic forums. For the sake of our children and the future of our country, I hope people who are active on this forum will heed your sage advice. Sadly, for the past three months virtually all of the posts in this forum have been 100% political in nature, attacking Governor Newsom, who has done a SPECTACULAR job of keeping a state with 40,000,000 people, relatively unscathed by this virus with his quick, intelligent and decisive actions. Some people can't recognize a good thing when it's slapping them across the face.

If the IOC shut down the summer Olympics three months ago, and NBA, NHL and MLB all postponing their seasons, what would make ANY sports organization think it's okay to proceed with a summer schedule, like they are exempt from it all?

Is there anyone in their right mind who really believes that PGF is going to he able to secure enough field permits, for 240+ teams to compete in a modified version of a national championship? And even if they could, who thinks it's a wise idea to proceed? If they knew there was a high likelihood this would happen, they should issue full refunds to the teams that committed to being a part of their charade. There is another name for taking people's money when you know you can't deliver on your service or product, and didn't act in good faith.

Moving forward, our country needs a national unified plan to quell this virus so people can get back to work, our kids can attend school this fall, and maybe in the foreseeable future get back out on the field to compete in tournament softball again.

If we had been having this conversation 3 months ago, and people had actually listened to the scientists instead of the politicians, I believe our girls could have been playing softball again by this fall. Now I am not so sure. Thanks for saying something.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch