Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

California TCS Sparkler cancelled?

What's on your mind?

by eclipse09 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:55 am

Well I guess we can assume there will be hot spots of Covid19 based on the last few days. We'll see....

Softball is really on the backburner....
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:12 am

jonriv wrote:Your ignorance knows no bounds. PPP financing if 75% is used for payroll and a certain amount of staff were retained the loan is forgiven. Any part of that loan does not meet those qualifications the loan is then for 2 years at 1%. Forgiven means that is in essence a grant

I know that....but I guess you know that ALL the businesses that get the financing will actually MEET those requirements because the ones that DIDN'T get the financing are telling me that they couldn't meet those parameters....and many are losing the businesses they fought so hard to build. Maybe you are smarter than them as well.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:51 am

Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:Your ignorance knows no bounds. PPP financing if 75% is used for payroll and a certain amount of staff were retained the loan is forgiven. Any part of that loan does not meet those qualifications the loan is then for 2 years at 1%. Forgiven means that is in essence a grant

I know that....but I guess you know that ALL the businesses that get the financing will actually MEET those requirements because the ones that DIDN'T get the financing are telling me that they couldn't meet those parameters....and many are losing the businesses they fought so hard to build. Maybe you are smarter than them as well.

We are looking at well over 90% of the businesses who got PPP loans will meet the qualifications. We only had three applicants not qualify- one had already had a past SBA loan in arears, one was from a state we are not licensed to lend in, and one was from a real estate holding company with no payroll only passive income. The qualifications were easy- average months payroll cost * 2.5. Needed to verify with payroll info, form 941, Sched K if a partnership or Sched C is a sole proprietorship. I do know that some of the larger banks(due to volume) did not accept non-customers or kicked-out applications with wrong calculations. Just did another application this morning. I guess Sam I guess I at least no a hell of a lot more than you do on the subject of SBA PPP financing :D
jonriv

by Sam » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:02 pm

jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:

We are looking at well over 90% of the businesses who got PPP loans will meet the qualifications. We only had three applicants not qualify- one had already had a past SBA loan in arears, one was from a state we are not licensed to lend in, and one was from a real estate holding company with no payroll only passive income. The qualifications were easy- average months payroll cost * 2.5. Needed to verify with payroll info, form 941, Sched K if a partnership or Sched C is a sole proprietorship. I do know that some of the larger banks(due to volume) did not accept non-customers or kicked-out applications with wrong calculations. Just did another application this morning. I guess Sam I guess I at least no a hell of a lot more than you do on the subject of SBA PPP financing :D

Thanks for not addressing the ones that never applied because they didn't think they could qualify or just couldn't qualify.

You just don't know how to spell know.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:40 pm

As long as you were under 500 employees and were a documented legitimate business you qualified. As mentioned, volumes and current customer limits were an issue at some larger banks(we acquired many new customer this way). If a business was unaware that they qualified that’s a shame a business owner to not take the steps to find out. The info was easily available

I worked with everyone of our applicants to ensure they applied for what they qualified for. It does nobody any good to take too much or too little. Again, qualifying for forgiveness (if the loan was used for payroll) is simple
jonriv

by xyzdude » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:57 pm

[quote]Thanks for not addressing the ones that never applied because they didn't think they could qualify or just couldn't qualify. [quote]

JR - there were many business owners I know who either did not apply or did apply, were granted the loan and turned it down because of concern over the ability to prove adverse effects from the virus situation. There were many articles published that cited potential penalties, etc. on this issue. A week or two ago, of course they came out with the safe harbor for small businesses with loans under $2MM.

I'm not sure how any of this relates to the issues being discussed? But having fun reading the interesting points of view.

Thanks.
xyzdude

by jonriv » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

The PPP loan did not require adverse effects to qualify. That was the emergency loan directly from the SBA
jonriv

by skwiggy21 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:53 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asympto ... -says.html

Sooooo, should we still live in fear?

Especially loved this quote from the article:

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing,” she said. “They’re following asymptomatic cases. They’re following contacts. And they’re not finding secondary transmission onward. It’s very rare.”
skwiggy21
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Why were the protester that very peacefully gathered a couple of weeks ago to reopen California portrayed by the main street media as irresponsible deplorables and spreaders of the coronavirus but the protesters today are honorable citizens "braving the pandemic." ?????MSNBC. That NOW protesting against stystemic racism is more important than social distancing. You cant make this shit up. The bias is unbelievable. Many people are being brainwashed (very sucessfully) by the fake news and "expert" government health officials. At some point we have to realize we have been played the fool.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by skwiggy21 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm

And now that the WHO has come out with data from various countries saying that the asymptommatic spread of it is basically nonexistent, or "very rare", will the states fully open up now? If you are sick or running a temp...stay home. If not, let's go. I'm thinking about school in the fall as well...hopefully they will all be up and running fully.
skwiggy21
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions