Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

California TCS Sparkler cancelled?

What's on your mind?

by Luiaguilera » Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am

Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:As I said I work in a bank. The decision to determine (depends on the state) is within the power of the Governor. I work in CT, but live in RI. Generally the determinations in both states was reasonable considering- New Jersey has had some bizarre openings and closings regarding construction. Real tough on the restaurants. With my small businesses we have helped them get the funding they need(ppp and otherwise) as well as loan forbearance on both personal and business loans. I feel as though I have made more of an impact and have helped people more in the past month than in the past 30 years. I feel fortunate I have this opportunity. I am also on a personal level doing my best by using restaurants and getting curbside service at local breweries

Sam I know you like statistics- you should take a look at some of the excess death rates. These are statistics showing number of deaths over averages. The numbers fro mid-March to current are quite startling. Short time frame I know. The real analysis will come after a year of numbers-this will give a better mortality indicator that avoids the classification issues-take a look

My comment was to Lui, but I understand where you're coming from. In the end this is turning into a climate change scenario where there is no science....only belief. I think the media has succeeded in scaring many people in this country to abandon our principles and our rights and liberties to evil people that seek only to control money and our destinies. You believe differently and I respect that....I only ask that your respect my disbelief.

Its ok to have disbelief i honestly dont give a crap about what u do. I just find the comments about the percentage of people dying is low so who cares lets live our lives, really disrespectful. That low percentage is someone's dad,mom, sister,,grandfather etc. Its also disrespectful to the Doctors, nurses, 1st responders to not do what we can do help curve this virus. These people fighting this 1st hand in the hospitals have died but who cares right? Its all about Trump and the "evil" people trying to take control. We all think differently thats human nature, we arent robots programmed to think alike. But one thing we should all agree on is that a human life is valuable to someone out there. I will never be mad at you for not thinking like me i dont expect you too, but if u tell me hey who cares if ur kid or family member dies from this virus guess what ill have more than words to say.
Luiaguilera
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri May 15, 2020 10:10 am

I respect your belief or disbelief- but I do feel sorry for you if this is the case. As far as what’s going on and the fear involved-this shall pass. The fears and beliefs you describe will forever haunt you
jonriv

by Sam » Fri May 15, 2020 10:30 am

Luiaguilera wrote:
Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:As I said I work in a bank. The decision to determine (depends on the state) is within the power of the Governor. I work in CT, but live in RI. Generally the determinations in both states was reasonable considering- New Jersey has had some bizarre openings and closings regarding construction. Real tough on the restaurants. With my small businesses we have helped them get the funding they need(ppp and otherwise) as well as loan forbearance on both personal and business loans. I feel as though I have made more of an impact and have helped people more in the past month than in the past 30 years. I feel fortunate I have this opportunity. I am also on a personal level doing my best by using restaurants and getting curbside service at local breweries

Sam I know you like statistics- you should take a look at some of the excess death rates. These are statistics showing number of deaths over averages. The numbers fro mid-March to current are quite startling. Short time frame I know. The real analysis will come after a year of numbers-this will give a better mortality indicator that avoids the classification issues-take a look

My comment was to Lui, but I understand where you're coming from. In the end this is turning into a climate change scenario where there is no science....only belief. I think the media has succeeded in scaring many people in this country to abandon our principles and our rights and liberties to evil people that seek only to control money and our destinies. You believe differently and I respect that....I only ask that your respect my disbelief.

Its ok to have disbelief i honestly dont give a crap about what u do. I just find the comments about the percentage of people dying is low so who cares lets live our lives, really disrespectful. That low percentage is someone's dad,mom, sister,,grandfather etc. Its also disrespectful to the Doctors, nurses, 1st responders to not do what we can do help curve this virus. These people fighting this 1st hand in the hospitals have died but who cares right? Its all about Trump and the "evil" people trying to take control. We all think differently thats human nature, we aren't robots programmed to think alike. But one thing we should all agree on is that a human life is valuable to someone out there. I will never be mad at you for not thinking like me i dont expect you too, but if u tell me hey who cares if ur kid or family member dies from this virus guess what ill have more than words to say.

Wow. Thanks for saying that I said things that I NEVER said. My point has been that WE should decide if we want to resume normal life or stay sequestered in our homes. NEWSFLASH: People die every day....334,000 this year in auto accidents alone....246,000 suicides this year...... over 2M with cancer....over 1.2M from smoking...we didn't close the country.....We have the POSSIBILITY of some folks (the vast majority who have had the opportunity to live in freedom for over 65 years) passing away if they have other physical complications.....doesn't seem to be a reason to close forevever thousands of restaurants, bars, salons, barbers.....small businesses.....entrepreneurs....the lifeblood of our country. All so you can feel safer and you are pretty OK with being controlled. If we have that many people dying in auto accidents this year, why doesn't the Government take away our cars? Why aren't cigarettes illegal? Why don't they outlaw everything that contains a carcinogen? Choices are made about the value of life every single day. The risk here is abysmally low but the media wants to get rid of the President.

OBTW: The doctors and nurses signed up for this voluntarily and they make very good money. You won't find them missing a mortgage/rent payment.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Luiaguilera » Fri May 15, 2020 10:55 am

Sam wrote:
Luiaguilera wrote:
Sam wrote:

Its ok to have disbelief i honestly dont give a crap about what u do. I just find the comments about the percentage of people dying is low so who cares lets live our lives, really disrespectful. That low percentage is someone's dad,mom, sister,,grandfather etc. Its also disrespectful to the Doctors, nurses, 1st responders to not do what we can do help curve this virus. These people fighting this 1st hand in the hospitals have died but who cares right? Its all about Trump and the "evil" people trying to take control. We all think differently thats human nature, we aren't robots programmed to think alike. But one thing we should all agree on is that a human life is valuable to someone out there. I will never be mad at you for not thinking like me i dont expect you too, but if u tell me hey who cares if ur kid or family member dies from this virus guess what ill have more than words to say.

Wow. Thanks for saying that I said things that I NEVER said. My point has been that WE should decide if we want to resume normal life or stay sequestered in our homes. NEWSFLASH: People die every day....334,000 this year in auto accidents alone....246,000 suicides this year...... over 2M with cancer....over 1.2M from smoking...we didn't close the country.....We have the POSSIBILITY of some folks (the vast majority who have had the opportunity to live in freedom for over 65 years) passing away if they have other physical complications.....doesn't seem to be a reason to close forevever thousands of restaurants, bars, salons, barbers.....small businesses.....entrepreneurs....the lifeblood of our country. All so you can feel safer and you are pretty OK with being controlled. If we have that many people dying in auto accidents this year, why doesn't the Government take away our cars? Why aren't cigarettes illegal? Why don't they outlaw everything that contains a carcinogen? Choices are made about the value of life every single day. The risk here is abysmally low but the media wants to get rid of the President.

OBTW: The doctors and nurses signed up for this voluntarily and they make very good money. You won't find them missing a mortgage/rent payment.

Im done talking about this, we are going to get nowhere and will never agree on the same thing. Im not here to make u or anyone feel bad for their beliefs. this was a topic about softball but it got to this point. Stay safe and healthy !!!
Luiaguilera
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Luiaguilera wrote:
jonriv wrote:Sam sorry to hear about your risk factors and truly hope you are taking precautions. I do agree with you on the whole Costco touching things etc. many of the rules set up state by state seem inconsistent and non sensible. I avoid as much contact as possible through curbside and delivery and some liberal use of disinfectant. I happen to be an “essential “ worker being a Manger if a bank. We have closed our lobby and conduct all of our business via drive up, atm, telephone, email scans and DocuSign. We run skeleton crews and have our back office spread out and many working from home. It’s actually worked out well and ironically our business is double last year. We are constantly wiping down all touch points- the ATM a lot!! Cash, which is always dirty is sprayed and handled with gloves. As a banker and someone who worked on the processing of hundreds of PPP loans(we are a small community bank) I see everyday the effects this has on everyone.

I think you downplay the risk too much IMO and I think your judgement is jaded by thoughts of conspiracy. The reason I mentioned softball was because that is what this particular thread is about

It is my belief that the threat needs to be taken seriously and many people need to reign in their reckless and frankly selfish behavior. The economy needs to reopen, but it needs to be done cautiously and following the data(infection, hospitalization and mortality rates). Until there is a vaccine there is a risk. We just need to manage the risk

My point all along, going with the thread, is that I do not think holding a softball tournament or any large gathering at this time makes sense. There is a lot of data and evidence that they do pose a huge risk( ie Biogen conference Boston, funeral New Rochelle, birthday party Westport, CT)

The reward is not worth the risk

How dare you make such ludacris comments about softball on a softball site with a softball topic @Jonriv lol. U dont need to explain yourself to these people, you have made some valid points and no matter what you say the rebels will be rebels. I agree with you on everything, the risk is not worth it at all. If everyone would just be on the same page about social distancing we would probably not have this topic and be really close to playing softball. But no, we have all these people protesting and flexing their muscles.

Ha! How long have you been on heybucket? ;) The best topics are the ones that go off the rail.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Fri May 15, 2020 12:28 pm

I have some very good news to share with the group. Earlier today President Trump promised a new vaccine to squash this coronavirus, "possibly by the end of this year" to quote him directly. He has initiated a new project called "Operation Warp Speed". This great news should make everyone sleep a little easier at night.

Someone earlier referenced about why the government doesn't ban cigarettes, which made me think of my childhood. My dad was a John Birch Republican who once told me that banning smoking in public places was a slippery slope to communism. If I remember correctly, he was blowing cigarette smoke in my face from across the table at a restaurant as he was sharing this pearl of wisdom.

Back in the day, any attempt to ban someone's personal liberty, like being able to throw their empty beer bottle out the window of a moving car, was considered a slippery slope to communism by reactionary conservatives. Didn't matter if their liberties infringed on you or anyone else, like your right to breath clean air for example, the only thing that mattered to them was THEIR liberties. Some things never change.
Last edited by LoveMeSomeFastpitch on Sat May 16, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by eddiez577 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
Luiaguilera wrote:
jonriv wrote:Sam sorry to hear about your risk factors and truly hope you are taking precautions. I do agree with you on the whole Costco touching things etc. many of the rules set up state by state seem inconsistent and non sensible. I avoid as much contact as possible through curbside and delivery and some liberal use of disinfectant. I happen to be an “essential “ worker being a Manger if a bank. We have closed our lobby and conduct all of our business via drive up, atm, telephone, email scans and DocuSign. We run skeleton crews and have our back office spread out and many working from home. It’s actually worked out well and ironically our business is double last year. We are constantly wiping down all touch points- the ATM a lot!! Cash, which is always dirty is sprayed and handled with gloves. As a banker and someone who worked on the processing of hundreds of PPP loans(we are a small community bank) I see everyday the effects this has on everyone.

I think you downplay the risk too much IMO and I think your judgement is jaded by thoughts of conspiracy. The reason I mentioned softball was because that is what this particular thread is about

It is my belief that the threat needs to be taken seriously and many people need to reign in their reckless and frankly selfish behavior. The economy needs to reopen, but it needs to be done cautiously and following the data(infection, hospitalization and mortality rates). Until there is a vaccine there is a risk. We just need to manage the risk

My point all along, going with the thread, is that I do not think holding a softball tournament or any large gathering at this time makes sense. There is a lot of data and evidence that they do pose a huge risk( ie Biogen conference Boston, funeral New Rochelle, birthday party Westport, CT)

How dare you make such ludacris comments about softball on a softball site with a softball topic @Jonriv lol. U dont need to explain yourself to these people, you have made some valid points and no matter what you say the rebels will be rebels. I agree with you on everything, the risk is not worth it at all. If everyone would just be on the same page about social distancing we would probably not have this topic and be really close to playing softball. But no, we have all these people protesting and flexing their muscles.

Ha! How long have you been on heybucket? ;) The best topics are the ones that go off the rail.

:lol: Just give up already :-( Can't convince Statler & Waldorf over here (Spaz & Sam). Many have tried, all have failed :lol:
Attachments
Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg
Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg (26.01 KiB) Viewed 6490 times
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Luiaguilera » Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 pm

eddiez577 wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Luiaguilera wrote:

:lol: Just give up already :-( Can't convince Statler & Waldorf over here (Spaz & Sam). Many have tried, all have failed :lol:

Lol yea your right, some tough cookies here on heybucket!!!
Luiaguilera
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DirtyRiders » Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 pm

No need to convince anyone. All of you have researched and have a rationale for your beliefs. All of the opinions and beliefs I have read on here are right because they are your own. It is an important argument to have right now. I don’t think anybody was being disrespectful to those who have or who could unfortunately die from the virus or being disrespectful to anyone in the medical field
DirtyRiders
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3BB » Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Just to try and get this back on topic. Zoom into June is now Zoom into August. Scheduled for August 7th through the 9th. Will be interesting for 14u since it will conflict with the 2nd week of PGF.
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions