Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

California TCS Sparkler cancelled?

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 11:52 am

As to your other claim

What's True

It is plausible that Medicare is paying hospital fees for some COVID-19 cases in the range of the figures given by Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota state senator, during a Fox News interview.

What's False

However, Medicare says it does not make standard, one-size-fits-all payments to hospitals for patients admitted with COVID-19 diagnoses and placed on ventilators. The $13,000 and $39,000 figures appear to be based on generic industry estimates for admitting and treating patients with similar conditions.

This is what I found on several fact checking. Also, the State Senator from Minn said he did not think Doctors were making any false claims and there has been examples of fraud so far, This is all of course moot when we look at the overall death rate. I would hate for us to be discussing next year a high death rate comparison. Its real easy to second guess Governors and Presidents. You never get praised for doing enough and you always get blamed if you don't do enough.
jonriv

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am

jonriv wrote:Sam you just take the figures you think support. Please take a look at the Excess Mortality numbers. Right now they are indicating that the covid deaths in the US are also being undercounted- that's what the CDC data shows now. It is a simple calculation what the current death rate is(all causes) versus normal average- NY is up 268% That's 2685 more than normal- hello????

Not sure why you continue to whistle pass the grave yard and insist you are right and the whole world is wrong and/or involved in some mass conspiracy

JR....love ya buddy, but.....I quote national stats and statewide stats....you post a chart from the WORST affected city in the nation....but I"M cherry picking my stats? Really?

Not too long ago, the Dems were talking about ousting Biden and replacing him with Cuomo....not any more. DeBlasio should be removed and now NYC will go into financial hell....no tourists....businesses closing. I hope to God we don't bail them out, nor do I hope California is bailed out. These Blue State idiots should have to pay the price for their moronic decisions.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 12:10 pm

jonriv wrote:As to your other claim

What's True

It is plausible that Medicare is paying hospital fees for some COVID-19 cases in the range of the figures given by Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota state senator, during a Fox News interview.

What's False

However, Medicare says it does not make standard, one-size-fits-all payments to hospitals for patients admitted with COVID-19 diagnoses and placed on ventilators. The $13,000 and $39,000 figures appear to be based on generic industry estimates for admitting and treating patients with similar conditions.

This is what I found on several fact checking. Also, the State Senator from Minn said he did not think Doctors were making any false claims and there has been examples of fraud so far, This is all of course moot when we look at the overall death rate. I would hate for us to be discussing next year a high death rate comparison. Its real easy to second guess Governors and Presidents. You never get praised for doing enough and you always get blamed if you don't do enough.

So...its not a fixed amount.....some get more....some get less.

The State Senator you quote also said:

"How can anyone not believe that increasing the number of COVID-19 deaths may create an avenue for states to receive a larger portion of federal dollars," he wrote. "Already, some states are complaining that they are not getting enough of the CARES Act dollars because they are having significantly more proportional COVID-19 deaths."
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:As to your other claim

What's True

What's False

So...its not a fixed amount.....some get more....some get less.

The State Senator you quote also said:

"How can anyone not believe that increasing the number of COVID-19 deaths may create an avenue for states to receive a larger portion of federal dollars," he wrote. "Already, some states are complaining that they are not getting enough of the CARES Act dollars because they are having significantly more proportional COVID-19 deaths."

You know he backed off those remarks
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 12:42 pm

The new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show roughly 4,500 additional deaths from all causes have occurred in 2020 over what would be expected from historical averages, according to a Times analysis.

With the agency’s coronavirus death total for the state at 1,017 as of Monday, the difference of about 3,500 suggests a broader implication on mortality attributable to the disease, experts say

California's Excess Death Rate is currently 9%- Orange County is the lowest in Southern California(why would you ever want to bring a crapload of people from the outside in?) NYC is high due to high population density, some poor decisions by the Governor and Mayor(who's useless) and the biggest mistake is they waited too long. Cuomo has come out ok(recently getting attacked locally in NY because of the nursing homes) because he has been direct and assumed a leadership role- we'll see how long that carries him.

I'm in Rhode Island and in the lowest reported zone in that state. Our deaths are relatively low. After a slow start(testing was awful at first) and some draconian orders towards New Yorkers(that were pulled back) Gov Gina(who I do not really like) has worked well with local business (CVS) to get testing ramped up. She has done a decent job. Things are starting to slowly open up now. The govs of NJ and CT have been all over the place. The two best Govs so far IMO have been the Gov of Ohio- who acted quickly and the Gov of Florida that looked at each area of the state differently(close down areas of old people and density and keep open rural areas)
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 12:50 pm

To keep it relevant to the discussion-

[quoteUpdated state-level death counts released April 28 by the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics show that Colorado has reported weekly numbers of deaths far in excess of previous years as the coronavirus pandemic has worsened. When compared to the last five years on average, the state reported about 650 "excess" deaths between March 1 and April 11 — that is, 650 more deaths than would be expected during that period — and about 905 excess deaths between February 1 and April 11.

While the NCHS figures include deaths from all causes, not just COVID-19, the size of the spike suggests that the virus's true death toll may be higher than previously reported. As of today, April 29, the state's official date-of-death data shows 429 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 on or before April 11.
][/quote]
jonriv

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 12:54 pm

I was just on Dr. Spencer's FB page. He is pushing to open up Minnesota. He also posted on May 10th:

"Thanks to the New York Times for furthering the conversation regarding the CDC’s role in blurring the differences between people who died with symptoms and physical signs of COVID19 and a laboratory confirmed test versus people who died without a PCR lab test, no symptoms of a viral respiratory infection, and no specific physical exam findings indicating COVID19 disease. The Times front page article introduces far-ranging topics such as climate change, oil companies and the tobacco industry and warns of lurking pro-Trump motivations.
Interesting, because my discussion of death certificates has never been remotely about our President; my issue has been about precedent-setting communications from CDC inviting ambiguity and politics into the task of completing death certificates. And...who is engaging in conspiracy theories?"

He is taking the CDC to task for allowing "presumed" cases of COVID that were NEVER tested....hence you have anecdotal stories of automobile accident victims being coded as COVID related deaths....why would they do that? Political? Financial? Both? Who knows.....
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 1:06 pm

jonriv wrote:To keep it relevant to the discussion-

[quoteUpdated state-level death counts released April 28 by the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics show that Colorado has reported weekly numbers of deaths far in excess of previous years as the coronavirus pandemic has worsened. When compared to the last five years on average, the state reported about 650 "excess" deaths between March 1 and April 11 — that is, 650 more deaths than would be expected during that period — and about 905 excess deaths between February 1 and April 11.

While the NCHS figures include deaths from all causes, not just COVID-19, the size of the spike suggests that the virus's true death toll may be higher than previously reported. As of today, April 29, the state's official date-of-death data shows 429 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 on or before April 11.
]
[/quote]

Well that's just math, right? If Colorado had 554 COVID deaths during the March 1 - April 11 period...none in February. It wasn't possible to have a COVID death in Colorado in February. So that shows that Colorado's EXPECTED deaths number was greatly exaggerated for some reason. When exactly was the CDC right about anything?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:To keep it relevant to the discussion-

]

Well that's just math, right? If Colorado had 554 COVID deaths during the March 1 - April 11 period...none in February. It wasn't possible to have a COVID death in Colorado in February. So that shows that Colorado's EXPECTED deaths number was greatly exaggerated for some reason. When exactly was the CDC right about anything?[/quote]

These are current death tolls versus historical averages- the "excess number" is how many MORE people died versus that average, The rest of the article surmises that there was active covid in Colorado as far back as Februrary, This is from the death records and the data has been kept on a long time.
jonriv

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 pm

OK, JR....but here is the math.

554 Reported COVID deaths in Colorado 1 March - 11 April

905 expected deaths over expected 1 Feb - 11 April
650 expected deaths over expected 1 March - 11 April

That's 255 deaths over expected in February. None of them were COVID because the first recorded death in the US was 2/26/20 in Seattle.

You're a math guy. Their estimates are wrong and the delta's are provably not unreported COVID deaths.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions